Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now we've passed Luclin, skipped LDoN and another expansion... and on to PoP? What's wrong with you people?!!?
LDON and LOY were post-PoP... how is that skipping anything? And what's so bad about cherry picking all the most fun elements of the game for 1 super server?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned

But now that you mention it, I'd be completely for skipping LOY and LDON content and releasing a difficulty-tuned GoD, cause that expansion was mostly good too, especially Tacvi.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry, this was not meant as a derail. just wanted to get an idea of what people did not like about Luclin.

In any case I too am hoping to have time to catch up before Kunark comes out. Ideally I would like to be in my 40's by the time they open Hate and Air but it looks like I might miss the boat on that one.

Do we have a list of guilds for the server anywhere? I think I might need to start finding a group of "usual suspects" to go adventuring with.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by binibren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all,

I'm new around here having discovered Project 1999 just a few days ago. I've been looking around for the exact rule set on the server but haven't been able to find it. What I'm most curious about are changes from classic (xp modifiers, class bonuses, etc) and the time scale for implementing kunark and velious. I've seen a few references to it being similar to original (which would be kunark at 1 year) but nothing official.

Looking forward to old school EQ gaming.

Cheers,

Binibren of Bristlebane
Cant put my finger on it... but I think a point was missed someplace about page 2
Old 11-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleadar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cant put my finger on it... but I think a point was missed someplace about page 2
LOL. I know, I never did get that answer. But, it has sparked some lively debate on a tangential line. That's par for the course on the Internets these days and I really don't mind.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

Well, the only one who can answer the OP's question is a GM, so in the meantime all we have is baseless conjecturing.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Large Rat

The problem is "end game" (relative to whatever expansion is active) is very tough and becomes trivial when you are exposed to the new items / levels in the next expansion. So "unlocking" simply by having one guild say kill Naggy / Vox / Cazic, would trivialize it for everyone else. I think it would be best to have the first kill of all the main raid targets start the clock for the expansion. So after they're all dead, Kunark is launched in 3-6 months. Something like that. Otherwise, everyone will wait until they're lvl 60 and geared up in Kunark gear to attempt PoF again after the first time. I mean, only a crazy person would go there without clerics with epics right?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Planar Protector

a timer probably makes sense, but people are still going to try and down old world raid bosses.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Kobold

I don't care what the system for unlocking the new content is, as long as we don't end up with a singular gigantic raiding guild having everything permanently camped and controlled at all times.

I'm not saying that this is what is happening right now, I'm only saying that I don't want that to be the case in the future. I want to see some healthy competition. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

I kind of wish that no expansions would be added, but oh well. Every new expansion will add a bit more mudflation and devalue the previous content just a bit more than the last. It'll also spread players out more and discourage people not in the latest content.

This server is TINY and you guys are talking about opening kunark already. Crazy. It took what, a full year for kunark to be released? That was when each server had 4000+ people. We got 300? The rest of us will take more time than you, why are you in such a hurry? It'll take a long time for most people to see the best of pre-kunark. People will make alts too. I don't see any need to rush. We've been rushing for 10 years. I'd like to fully appreciate everything, it's nice not to see it get steamrolled by so called "progress". When GOD was released, the bulk of all eq players were < level 50. Smedly himself admitted that in 2004. That's just the ugly truth. It might be that this average was inflated by alts (not mains), but this wasn't specified. SOE, over the years, pushed too hard and catered too much to raiders and high levels. Do we have to go down that road too? Look behind you, it's nothing but dead zones and ruins!

When atleast 50% of the server has been involved in the nagefen raids or the planar raids and been a part of killing the worst baddies, then maybe I'll accept it's time to launch the next expansion. But until then, all we'd be doing is exactly what soe did - catering to a minority that kicks and screams when it doesn't get its candy. Then the lower levels and casuals get dragged along with them not being able to fully appreciate what's around them and never really being a part of it what made it happen. It's sad! Makes me die inside.

Look at getting new players and keeping them company. Develop the community. A lot of us don't play 5 hours a day and we often go on vacation too. How would you feel if you came back from vacation and find that there's noeone in splitpaw because they're all in kunark or velious? You'd pinch yourself and wish you hadn't went on vacation. That's a memory you'll never be able to recover. Now your thrust into kunark or velious, doomed to repeat the same thing because you just can't play 5 hours a day every day for a year.

Relax or go somewhere else for a while. Let the casuals and slow levelers appreciate it. Please.
Last edited by stormlord; 11-10-2009 at 11:53 AM..
Closed Thread