Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

I'd imagine chanter, necro, and mage will be among the top of the board when it comes to number of classes online on green for the first few months. Enchanters will be in extremely high demand for all of the high end camps (can't break efreeti or lguk camps without a good monk or enchanter). They are easily the strongest caster in classic. I don't think there is another class that could solo efreeti in classic actually.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chanter at 60 feels broken--in a good way. Maybe not Torpor Shaman broken, but pretty damn close.

Plus, for any non-raid encounters late-game, enchanters are beat in solo ability only by torpor shaman and some mega-geared monks
Enchanters are better than torp shamans, and way better than monks.
Lyrri - 52 Wood Elf Bard <Vanquish>
Dainea - 50 Halfling Cleric <Vanquish>
Old 06-05-2019, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

Will let you know once I get to 60, however it has taken me 9 years to get to level 58 - so i imagine I should hit level 60 in approx 2022.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 06-06-2019, 02:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will let you know once I get to 60, however it has taken me 9 years to get to level 58 - so i imagine I should hit level 60 in approx 2022.
I hear that. Been stuck at 57 for nearly a year and took me 6 years to get to 57.

Been enjoying my Shammy though, nearly 34.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters are better than torp shamans, and way better than monks.
There are some things that shamans can solo that enchanters can’t, but enchanters can solo a lot more things that a Shaman can’t, IMHO.

You don’t really see shaman doing deep dungeon soloing often, or anything in SG, because charm is the most incredibly broken spell in the game for solo play.

Slow is a close 2nd, though.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Depending on what you want to kill an enchanter is better than a shaman, but depending what you want to kill, a necro is better than an enchanter...

So it all depends, like the crypt? better to be an enchanter... IMO

For Giants and WW? Better to be a shaman... IMO

for crypt? Arguably better to be a necro cus enchanter is overkill kinda... and necro has no "OH SHIT moments"

So it all depends on how and what you like to do and play.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd imagine chanter, necro, and mage will be among the top of the board when it comes to number of classes online on green for the first few months. Enchanters will be in extremely high demand for all of the high end camps (can't break efreeti or lguk camps without a good monk or enchanter). They are easily the strongest caster in classic. I don't think there is another class that could solo efreeti in classic actually.
Mage especially (at least during classic)
Old 06-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Kobold

I have not played a 60 chanter on P99, but I had one on Agnarr, which was similar at the time. It is, without any doubt in my mind, the most powerful class at 60. Even better than a Torp Shaman, which is what I play on P99. Raiding kind of sucks on a chanter because melee are needy biotches and haste drops too fast, but with charmed pets your DPS can get really gross.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Kobold

It's extremely fun outside of Raids, and still plenty of fun IN raids, although that depends on what role you're playing. Some raids really make use of your abilities (Charming for massive DPS, AoE groups to help massacre kites, really on-point mem blurs etc.) and some are less enchanter-specific roles that you're still good at doing, just not the only class that can do them.

Outside of raiding, you're insanely powerful but still very killable, so you still get that enchanter feeling where you either pull off something amazing and feel like a god, or you get unlucky or make a mistake and it all goes to shit. I don't really have points to compare to other classes, but Enchanters really only suffer at the very low levels, and I think they just get better and better as you level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2019, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

I think it is good but I only solo farm stuff.
Closed Thread