Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

As someone who needs to AFK a lot, Hide is invaluable on my warrior.

That's why I went with Dark Elf over Iksar or Troll.

I think in the long run though I might regret not going gnome for the haste.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:36 AM
Fire Giant

dont roll a sk/paladin if you want to tank, they can't farm for shit just like wars

once you war gets 52 evasive you will last 10x longer than hybrids
Old 09-07-2021, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont roll a sk/paladin if you want to tank, they can't farm for shit just like wars

Shadowknights can farm quite well. I funded my Shaman with my Shadowknight hehe. Shadowknights are built for killing guards with FD pulling and fear kiting. They are similar to necros in that regard, especially if you have a decent weapon.

Also, Shadowknights/Paladins are great group tanks if your focus isn't raiding with that character. Often times they are preferred in groups over warriors due to their reliable agro generation and snap agro.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is completely false, I know some SKs who have made millions of pp soloing shit. Fd and willsappers go a long way.
Old 09-08-2021, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Male woodelf is ok hat, the female hat is dreadful lol.

But dark elf is best fashion, cause the hat is a pretty important! It's not too late to reroll Griff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Female wood elf custom helm is arguably the best in the game.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:49 AM
Sarnak

What are your goals? Long term raid level BIS is Wood elf > Half elf > Human (With bonus stat points dumped into cha). Ogre and barbarian are among your worst options.

If you are just into leveling, and potentially might do any dungeons, unless you can afford a cobalt bracer you should avoid the large races (ogre / troll / barb) like the plague.

Ultimately though it really doesn't make that much of a difference so pick a race you enjoy looking at and as you gear up, no race is game changing and the whole point is to have fun =)
Old 09-08-2021, 06:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Female wood elf custom helm is arguably the best in the game.
Helm of rallos zek is bis though, that is the hat you end up wearing =P
Old 09-08-2021, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofSpade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are your goals? Long term raid level BIS is Wood elf > Half elf > Human (With bonus stat points dumped into cha). Ogre and barbarian are among your worst options.

If you are just into leveling, and potentially might do any dungeons, unless you can afford a cobalt bracer you should avoid the large races (ogre / troll / barb) like the plague.

Ultimately though it really doesn't make that much of a difference so pick a race you enjoy looking at and as you gear up, no race is game changing and the whole point is to have fun =)
Ogre wall for Tunare is needed in end game raid, so that is something to consider besides just maxing CHA. I rarely have issues with my Troll or Ogre getting through dungeons without shrink. Just takes a bit of game knowledge and positioning if there are any low ceiling areas. Also, shrink pots are like 100pp for 10 doses, and they last indefinitely as long as you stay in zone and don't die. Most of the time that is not a difficult feat.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

For a new player probably worrying about BIS isn't an issue.

Realistically if you are trying to have the most hps per level with mediocre gear an ogre is a fine path; possibly the best one. You can stam cap any race with NTOV dragon loot but that's not for everyone (some people don't raid at all). Likewise I used to think Vindi was a casual guild target but it's the new mini-game for top tier raiders. An ogre can cap stamina with crusty armor and a shaman buff.

A dwarf or barbarian with points in stamina is also a nice platform for a new player. Getting stuck and not understanding the faction system are probably the leading causes of new player death. Being a gigantic wall of evil will make these two things painfully clear. At least finding your corpse is pretty easy with an ogre.

And yes, I know there are aspects of warrior'ing not just involving all the hps. Dex is important too. I still think having the most hps/level opens you up to making other decisions though. Plus proc gambling is fine when your game is casual...get someone to root stuff and help you out a bit. Whatever the race pick you gotta LOVE looking at it (so go with whatever you want) because it's a long road ahead even leveling to 50; a serious accomplishment for a newer player who might even find this game boring.
Last edited by Snaggles; 09-08-2021 at 12:13 PM..
Old 09-08-2021, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofSpade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyone seriously tested this that the 20 extra cha is a better min max than the iksar ac bonus?
Closed Thread