Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-25-2022, 04:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysea79 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My husband was the first person to get the wizard epic (first on any server) and I can assure you the devs did not help him in any way.

I asked him last night and he laughed and reminded me that it was 20 years ago that we played (oh I feel dated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) He says he just remembers how terrifying it was turning in items and not knowing if it was correct and if he would just lose them all. I think at one point there was some write ups on when he finished it...but I haven't had a chance to google. His character name was Occy.
The Wizard epic "required" exactly 1000 platinum to be given to an NPC in order to get further necessary information about the quest. There isn't a good clue in the game about how much money he needs. It's very unlikely this information wasn't leaked (your husband didn't need to be told directly by a dev; he could have seen the leaked information online). That would be a ton of money to be dumping into an NPC randomly until figuring out the magic number of 1000, which people back then generally wouldn't have been able to afford.
Old 10-25-2022, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

AKA that poster is full of shit.
Old 10-25-2022, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Imagining so many people playing that they camp ruins by seb.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-25-2022, 02:59 PM
Kobold

P99 is great but the population here is nothing compared the the numbers of people across the servers. I remember at Kunark Launch, the Field of Bone was so busy it was hard to find a mob not engaged. It was a pain but I leveled my first Iksar in west/south freeport and then traveled back to Cabilis to train.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I miss all those now-underutilized areas being well populated, and people finding wherever to hunt instead of knowing the best progression path. Every outdoor zone in Kunark except Emerald Jungle had exp groups going all the time and most of them were packed. It's crazy what an insanely popular place Lake of Ill Omen was back then, to the point that they nerfed the exp modifier there (despite it not being higher than other outdoor zones), LOL. Literally everything in the zone was camped - and it's a huge zone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember at Kunark Launch, the Field of Bone was so busy it was hard to find a mob not engaged. It was a pain but I leveled my first Iksar in west/south freeport and then traveled back to Cabilis to train.
You should have gone into da Swamp of No Hope.
Old 10-26-2022, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is great but the population here is nothing compared the the numbers of people across the servers. I remember at Kunark Launch, the Field of Bone was so busy it was hard to find a mob not engaged. It was a pain but I leveled my first Iksar in west/south freeport and then traveled back to Cabilis to train.
That happened on blue and green here too.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I miss all those now-underutilized areas being well populated, and people finding wherever to hunt instead of knowing the best progression path. Every outdoor zone in Kunark except Emerald Jungle had exp groups going all the time and most of them were packed. It's crazy what an insanely popular place Lake of Ill Omen was back then, to the point that they nerfed the exp modifier there (despite it not being higher than other outdoor zones), LOL. Literally everything in the zone was camped - and it's a huge zone!

You should have gone into da Swamp of No Hope.
Yup. LOIO groups all the time, crawling into the Sarnak fortress, windmill, random trash pulling groups by the zone walls. Good times.

Outside KC usually had 2-3 groups going at any given time also. Pulling to the wall/ruins.

That was the best part about Green launch. Seeing groups at random orc/goblin camps in SRo, BB, etc. Felt like the old days.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

It was crazy how popular LOIO was, and then frontier mountains giants and a billion people in OT, and grips and grips of dreadlands groups around KC.

The definition of an exp grind there were tons of mobs and not many trains it just worked for the way eq was developing and the huge amount of new players still piling into the game. Exp was slow but you could churn mobs for hours and hours without interruption.

I really hope a next p99 server can have forced progression of some kind where we can’t race to 50 to get end game stuff as fast as possible yet again.

I think the level caps would work super well for pvp since there’s a lot of incentive to get “level 20 BIS” meaning best junk you can get at level 20 in order to have some pvp power. Then the same at level 30 and so on. It would mean all zones would get exploited to their max while we work through the level caps slowly.

And with no legacy items to stress about we could focus on the fun parts of the game not just the most profitable plat per hour parts.

I’m really looking forward to red 2 or blue 3
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

It was normal to spend an entire weeks worth of days at a single camp in kunark. Just for exp/vendor trash. Not even any particular items. And ppl all had terrible gear. If a Warrior had a yak and some other random weapon u where in a group with a hardcore twink.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was normal to spend an entire weeks worth of days at a single camp in kunark. Just for exp/vendor trash. Not even any particular items. And ppl all had terrible gear. If a Warrior had a yak and some other random weapon u where in a group with a hardcore twink.
Shittt I remember camping the hermit in lake rathe while waiting for the 2 avaiks by the arena camp. Crazy to think of camping 1 mob every 6 minutes for hours...