Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

I restarted my Monk (Sargon, lv4) he`s now bound in Kaladin so I can hunt some dwarf skellys, working my way to crushbone to be with Catarina.

We`ll be on tonight.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Orc

Are you fellow gay or poking fun at us?

It's pretty rude to make fun of someone's sexuality.

What did we ever do to you ?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you fellow gay or poking fun at us?

It's pretty rude to make fun of someone's sexuality.

What did we ever do to you ?
Yes I am gay, and we have 5+ Gay gamers in our Guild

~Leader of <Tears of Prexus>~
Magician of the 2 Seas of Norrath!

~Bearded~
51 Cleric

::::RED 99::::

~Sylvana Whisperwind~
45 Druid

~Yiblaangel~
33 Paladin of Prexus

Old 04-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Gay people, the ones who try every way possible to be different.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

...well...we kinda are different...
Old 04-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Kobold

No ill will intended...

But what is the point in having a Gay guild? Is it some need to feel special? Is it a need to feel accepted? What can you accomplish with 5 other gay buddies that you cant accomplish with 5 straight buddies. Or better yet, 10 gay and straight buddies? Do you feel you cannot have a legitimate friendship with a straight person? I find this whole guild a screaming endeavor akin to standing on top of Mount Everest waving a rainbow flag and hoping the TV crew puts you on TV for being gay; not for climbing Mount Everest. I personally, feel like this is just attention seeking behavior with no obvious reason. Gay clubs at least have a legitimate reason for existing, whats Flaming Gays? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious93c [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No ill will intended...

But what is the point in having a Gay guild? Is it some need to feel special? Is it a need to feel accepted? What can you accomplish with 5 other gay buddies that you cant accomplish with 5 straight buddies. Or better yet, 10 gay and straight buddies? Do you feel you cannot have a legitimate friendship with a straight person? I find this whole guild a screaming endeavor akin to standing on top of Mount Everest waving a rainbow flag and hoping the TV crew puts you on TV for being gay; not for climbing Mount Everest. I personally, feel like this is just attention seeking behavior with no obvious reason. Gay clubs at least have a legitimate reason for existing, whats Flaming Gays? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
theres straights in the guild and we exist to play EQ Emo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

oh... i just got it... flaming GAZE ... haha. funny

I enchant things...
Old 04-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious93c [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No ill will intended...

WTF is the point of saying all of that? Boy, don't waste your breath.
I don't think we ever blatantly screamed about our Guild from the rooftops on how we are Gay. We don't push any of our beliefs on the server, and most of our population is straight. Needless trolls need not apply.

I hope when an all Gnome Guild comes up you have the same rantings of all gnomes getting together to proclaim their Gnomeness.

I ask of you Not to make stereotypes, because thats just ignorant. We need less ignorance in this world, yet in this Server at least.

~Leader of <Tears of Prexus>~
Magician of the 2 Seas of Norrath!

~Bearded~
51 Cleric

::::RED 99::::

~Sylvana Whisperwind~
45 Druid

~Yiblaangel~
33 Paladin of Prexus

Old 04-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Kobold

Never made stereotypes or said that you did scream that you are gay off of Mount Everest. The whole post was my own personal question, but do know others with the same thoughts. Now if you want to comprehensively re-read my post, you will see that I said "screaming endeavor akin to." That is basically saying that having a Gay guild that is so blatantly put in peoples face with the name "Flaming Gaze" (as if someone didnt collectively take the time to think that one out) is coming through LOUD AND CLEAR too all of us on the server. No other guild on the server has a witty guild name saying how much they like the female apparatus or stating their sexual orientation. Nor does any other guild gleefully spout that they are a Gay Guild and looking to recruit more Gay people within OOC. However, what exactly would any of you say if someone in OOC said "Selectively looking for straight people to join a straight guild." I sincerely meant and mean no ill will towards you or your guild, but at the time I did feel the need to question it. Now, not so much and dont really care anymore. I did however want to clarify my opposition towards your post however Yib. So thank you for defending your guild, but do take into consideration that I did neither of the things you accused me of [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread