Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you ever led a raid?
So to you, only raid leaders can have an opinion on this topic? I think only people whose names start with O should be listened to.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So to you, only raid leaders can have an opinion on this topic? I think only people whose names start with O should be listened to.
Having an opinion on matter means that on some level you have a basic understanding of the subject material in which you base your opinion on. Having led a raid would be a good qualifier. Maybe even zoning into VP a single time would even be a good start before commenting on the manner in which the content is engaged.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Easy there champ, I only said I didn't know who you were since I wasnt sure if you were part of the raid scene, hence wasn't sure if my statement about non-raiders trying to revamp the raid rules. No need to get touchy.

I can assure you, there are large portions of both TMO and IB that likely don't know what all the rules are. I know because I was a member of IB for numerous years and was guilded with a large portion of TMO in FE. New players also pull all the time. Tagging FTE is a race, not something you wait for your most experienced members to log on for. Hell, just look at BDA. Theyre currently on suspension from sev because their puller didn't even know the zone, which is far less complicated than understanding the rules.

Like I said before, this would only result in more work for the GMs as guilds would be punished/rewarded more for being suspended/getting their competition suspended, making rule lawyering much more important to a guilds overall success.

Your intentions are in the right place I guess, it just isn't a good idea and doesn't solve the actual problems in the raid scene.
Last edited by Loke; 03-10-2015 at 04:08 PM..
Old 03-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or maybe... The pulls people do are so ridiculous that there are so many things which could possibly go wrong and result in training the other guild(s) present that *MAYBE* we shouldn't try those tactics. *MAYBE* training the entire zone spawn in Hate, Fear, VP, Naggys Lair, Permafrost... Is something that should have high risk associated with it, not simply shrugged off as "it is the way those encounters are".

Make someone wiping you with their botched train in Hate or Fear or on classic Dragons a 4 week suspension. You will see guilds be a lot more careful or come up with a new strategy real quick.

Would love to see some classic crawls, not herpderp trains.
For VP, trains are currently the most workable standard with the highest expected payoff. The only other standard that would require less intervention by the staff would be a return to a completely FFA VP which many in Class C would welcome. Forcing some kind of classic standard on VP kills would result in way more headache and non-classic coding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guilds would be punished/rewarded more for being suspended/getting their competition suspended, making rule lawyering much more important to a guilds overall success.
Excellent point. Any rules suggestions must be constructed to eliminate or reduce the incentive to play lawyerquest.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTS raid suspensions. For 250k (starting bid), I will infiltrate a guild with an alt and take an action that leads to that guild being raid suspended. PM me with bids.

This is a positive, right? It ends zerg recruiting. It sounds awesome.

Why yes, I did play EVE. Why do you ask?
Old 03-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having an opinion on matter means that on some level you have a basic understanding of the subject material in which you base your opinion on. Having led a raid would be a good qualifier. Maybe even zoning into VP a single time would even be a good start before commenting on the manner in which the content is engaged.
You don't have to be a doctor to diagnose a sickness, you know that.

The TMO/IB raid strat is win/win. Either you get the kill or you've created such a shitshow train that it's likely to wipe the competition too so you get a 2nd bite.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

fuck that, i like the 2 strike method.

fuck up once, get a warning. fuck up the same way again and get banned.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

It's required for killing shit in VP, but only because the trash respawn timers are so short.

Outside of that, everywhere else the train strat shouldn't be a viable tactic - should get you suspended if your train wipes other guilds.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-10-2015, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Need more reach during disputes:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

The current raid setup is incentivizing lawyerquesting because all disputes are currently handled that way. If Guild A and Guild B were both facing 4 week suspensions, they are more likely to work things out between themselves due to fear of GM intervention; transparency of the length of raid suspensions means a more honest dialogue.

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Closed Thread