Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why everquest just doesn't fit into a normal productive persons schedule. Unless you're a haggling trader, you have to invest a lot of time and find the right guild who farms the right spots and sacrifice RL responsibilities at time to attain the shit you want.

That's the general gist of things. Either deal with it or find a casual friendly game like Rift where you can log in at your leisure.

Words of wisdom from your friend, Jaydee.
There are elements of truth in what you say. However, your advice amounts to, "this sucks so just accept it". I don't buy that. Sure we can't change everything we don't like in this world, we can't even change MANY things that exist. However, that does not mean that some changes aren't worth the attempt. Things can be done to ease or ameliorate most problems. This particular issue is worth some attention.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

If you knew what kind of coordination, persistence and intense time dedication it took to secure and hold something like the jade prod camp, there's no chance you could objectively say that anyone should be able to just walk up and get in line.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravhin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny, I was just today thinking the exact opposite thing. Since the rule is, in fact, first to engage, then they should simply remove the ">50% damage gets the kill" code and make it "whoever is first on the agro list" gets the exp+loot right, no matter who actually kills it.

Not so much incentive to steal other people's pulls anymore (TT hunter/forager nonsense) and FTE rule for raid mobs is automatically enforced, no need for GM intervention.
Do
You
Know
How
BAAAAD
You
Could
Exloit
This
Old 04-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

Solution to problem?

SLAY YOUR ENEMIES.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

best solution to KS was in EQ2 - once you pull something, the encounter would lock on you/your group/raid.
Anyone else who attempts to do damage to mob, will receive - "this target is invulnerable" message
Old 04-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
best solution to KS was in EQ2 - once you pull something, the encounter would lock on you/your group/raid.
Anyone else who attempts to do damage to mob, will receive - "this target is invulnerable" message
i hated that about EQ2.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i hated that about EQ2.
only a KSer/exploiter would hate that feature [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Kobold

The solution is to ignore the items in question. They aren't worth your time/energy. You can be l33t without them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only a KSer/exploiter would hate that feature [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Complete non-sequitur.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you knew what kind of coordination, persistence and intense time dedication it took to secure and hold something like the jade prod camp, there's no chance you could objectively say that anyone should be able to just walk up and get in line.
I must confess, the logic of your statement escapes me. You seem to be saying that if something is difficult to do, it justifies the result? That makes no sense to me.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solution to problem?

SLAY YOUR ENEMIES.
Closed Thread