Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-23-2013, 03:33 AM
Orc

Unhappy

Fresh install. No change. Still can't log in my necro, been 3 or 4 days now, i lost count.

Attached is the log of my first attempt to log in with a clean install. I haven't posted any other logs but believe me when I say this is (for all intents and purposes) the same.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dbg.txt (10.0 KB, 5 views)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
I love the community here but its getting harder and harder to justify spending half my play time just restarting my comp and being IP locked from the server.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by User [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah this is a very old account i forgot to mention, nearly as old as the server.

Awwww! So sorry! Maybe make a new one, in addition, to play when you can't access your old one.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Orc

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awwww! So sorry! Maybe make a new one, in addition, to play when you can't access your old one.
I've already got 6 accounts and my girlfriend has 3. Well, i have 2 of my accounts unbanned, the other 4 are still locked. Now, out of my 2 accounts I have gotten back, the ONLY geared player i have left is the one i can't log in to. Right before getting banned 2 years back I had stripped my other characters naked to gear up friends that had just joined the server. So like I said, my only non-naked character is my necro and the server refuses to let me play him. I can log on every single other character on every account I've tried, except this one. I thought it had something to do with the zone he was in (gfay) so I had a friend move him to BB but i still can't log him in. Now he's in Overthere and I still can't log him in. This is beyond stupid. I've already put maybe 10 hours of research into this garbage trying to fix it from my end (i'm convinced more and more it's NOTHING on my end that's wrong, the server is dropping my connection, the kill command is coming from the server, not from my end).

I've reinstalled countless times, i've removed ini files and had the game recreate new ones countless times, i've used eqemulauncher, i've used wineq2, i've used a modified patchme shortcut to eqgame.exe, i've deleted zone files and replaced with new, i've rebooted my comp, i've rebooted my router, i've rebooted my modem. And the sadest part? I remember having this EXACT SAME issue 2-3 years ago when i used to play and after 2 years there has been no fix. It is still a regular problem for a sizable fraction of the population. It's just hard to justify ''starting over'' when the issue is UNRESOLVED and may return at ANY time without warning on any account/character. **The only thing I haven't done yet is install one of the all-in-1 install packages, i just always reinstall off my titanium disks. I had found a link to a ''files'' resources page on this site once before but i can't find the link anymore. I'll try the downloadable copy of the installer in the next few days, or next week, or whenever i'm so motivated to set my self up for disappointment again.

It makes absolutely no sense that I can log on any other character I choose EXCEPT my necro. And everyone else can log on my necro without issue. I just don't see how this problem still exists, the game is effectively unplayable. I'd love to come back and show my girlfriend how to play EQ since she never had before, and to do it alongside other friends that still play on p99. Just wish my other 4 accounts would get unbanned so I could at the very least log onto a character I DIDN'T want to play but still have the ability to play. It'd be boring as hell sitting on my cleric helping my girlfriend level up, but it'd be less boring that spending hours watching my client NOT log in.

~Incredibly frustrated

p.s. thanks for the replies Lyra, at least someone knows how i feel. I would PM a game master for help but i thought i read in the forum rules they don't want us to do that.
Quote:
I love the community here but its getting harder and harder to justify spending half my play time just restarting my comp and being IP locked from the server.
Last edited by User; 03-23-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 AM
Kobold

Default turn that frown upside down!

well in a lighter side i got ur nec up to 51 again.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Large Rat

Hey User, is your EQing computer a desktop or a laptop? Is it possible for you to connect to the internet using something other than your router?

From the log:
Code:
2013-03-23 00:10:48	Zone Connect -- 2 -- Sending MSG_EQ_ADDPLAYER
2013-03-23 00:13:48	Networking: connection terminated [client:DisconnectReasonTimeout,server:DisconnectReasonNone]
2013-03-23 00:13:48	disconnected at C:\EQ\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:17233 (char. select) DisconnectReasonTimeout
That looks like a legit 180 second timeout to me. Something wasn't returning the connection, and the most likely culprit is your router.

Try connecting via some other internet connection that bypasses your router completely as a simple method to rule it out.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Orc

restarted router and modem (unplugged). wired my desktop directly to the modem. ran EQ. This time i was booted before even being 180 seconds into the log. thanks by the way for pointing that out bukinashi. that one actually did say a timeout occurred, but that's the first time i've seen that lol. Wonder if it had something to do with a fresh install.

disabled my firewall then logged on my rogue on that account, logged in instantly, camped out, tried logging on the necro on the same account, failed. log is attached below:
Attached Files
File Type: txt dbg.txt (12.6 KB, 8 views)
Quote:
Old 10-30-2016, 02:48 PM
Skeleton

I am having this same problem in overthere only tho, anyone figure out how to fix this?
Old 10-31-2016, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Put in a forum petition and reinstall EQ in the interim - probably corrupt data on your end, but if it's a serverside bug they can still move your character out of that zone.