Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

glad to see a response to the issue at least. would be nice if they could test the idea of a truncated ID and report back, since that seems like a very logical explanation, and would explain why the lock outs are so random and can go for minutes, hours, or days (luck of the draw if the other person with a matching account is online or not)

Originally Posted by xCry0x View Post
Sirken's response to me was:

"we do not transfer characters.
we are working on a fix for the 1018 error"
Last edited by Handull; 07-14-2013 at 04:29 AM..
Old 06-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

I would be interested to know if other people experiencing the issue notice it primarily at certain times?

So far I am consistently blocked logging in on prime time but have been successful 2 days in a row logging in early in the morning.

I left a char logged in this morning with logging enabled so would be interested to see three things..

1) Is it still logged in when I get home
2) Can I then log out and log back in
3) Does some new person come bitching about 1018 error =P

The only thing that makes me think it is not UID related is that my understanding is that if I am logged in my account and someone else tries to log in it would boot me off. Someone would have to correct me if I am wrong on that though. If that is the case then me logging in would generate a 1018 but also kick the other person off and I would imagine I would eventually be able to log in (assuming I try before they do).
Last edited by xCry0x; 06-20-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Old 06-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Large Bat

This is silly, I can log into any other server except either project 1999 servers. I played for a couple hours, camped, tried to get back on a few hour later and keep getting kicked to login splash screen.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Large Bat

I just skipped the Patcher and just ran the eqgame shortcut and I logged in instantly.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be interested to know if other people experiencing the issue notice it primarily at certain times?

So far I am consistently blocked logging in on prime time but have been successful 2 days in a row logging in early in the morning.

I left a char logged in this morning with logging enabled so would be interested to see three things..

1) Is it still logged in when I get home
2) Can I then log out and log back in
3) Does some new person come bitching about 1018 error =P

The only thing that makes me think it is not UID related is that my understanding is that if I am logged in my account and someone else tries to log in it would boot me off. Someone would have to correct me if I am wrong on that though. If that is the case then me logging in would generate a 1018 but also kick the other person off and I would imagine I would eventually be able to log in (assuming I try before they do).
I'm not exactly sure how it works when you try to log on an account with someone else in game on the account. Once I was on a guild tracker and suddenly my screen locked up, but before it faded I saw a messaged in my chat window like "you have been removed by the gods". I was kicked to the log in screen and when I tried to log back in to that account, it said someone was on the account. So i logged in one of my own toons and it turns out someone else logged on that toon and in doing so I was punted off. On a few occasions I've tried to log an account that someone else was on and I've never punted them, so I'm not sure what caused me to get punted that day.

I wonder if GMs can see what other account (if any) is causing people to get the 1018 error. Maybe they could check the IP of the logged in account to verify if it was a problem with the server thinking another account at another location was logged in, or if it was just a problem with your account being frozen in game.

Do gms/devs have access to accounts with the 1018 error to test it in their spare time?

burgetbone, are you getting 1018 or some other error? or is it just kicking you out when u log in through the patcher? unless you get a pop up box saying error 1018, its something else
Old 06-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

All the 'solutions' have been beaten over the head and they are all dumb luck.

I run the game 100% through the shortcut not through the patcher and it is blocking me from access to p1999 blue on 1 account.

From what I understand it is not a problem with your account being frozen in game because on other threads GMs have said there is nothing they can do to remove you since you do not appear on in any way shape or form.

As I mentioned earlier, I would be interested to know if others experiencing this over extended time are noticing it only at certain times or if it is a 24 hr thing (not I log in at 9pm monday and then again at 9pm tuesday and still broken therefor 24 hour thing).

Over the past 2 days i can log in fine early am then reliably cannot log in at night.. if that trend keeps up it would at least give some evidence that its not a completely random event.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Large Bat

My apologies, my client stops because it cannot authenticate with the server.

WorldAuthenticate: connection lost during authentication

The result sounds the same.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

I would love some feedback from Dev/GM type people on this.. I have been updating my time line of when I can and cannot get on and it is starting to trend towards the conflicting ID theory with someone else playing heavily during prime time.

If this has already been weeded out as a no go that would be nice to know... if it hasn't then maybe this could be helpful? It would also give more relevance to the argument that simply allowing us to transfer to a new account would be a quick fix. Nobody has said weather or not this is/is not even possible.

If it is conflicting ID related I am ready to just log in a char 24/7 for a week to force my doppelganger to give up.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love some feedback from Dev/GM type people on this.. I have been updating my time line of when I can and cannot get on and it is starting to trend towards the conflicting ID theory with someone else playing heavily during prime time.

If this has already been weeded out as a no go that would be nice to know... if it hasn't then maybe this could be helpful? It would also give more relevance to the argument that simply allowing us to transfer to a new account would be a quick fix. Nobody has said weather or not this is/is not even possible.

If it is conflicting ID related I am ready to just log in a char 24/7 for a week to force my doppelganger to give up.
assuming that we each have a doppelganger, and that our doppelganger also experiences a 1018 error when we are logged on, i wonder if we could somehow gather a bunch of people who experience 1018 together and systematically determine who is each others doppelganger. if we even got a few matches out of it then those people could at least coordinate with each other. would be a lot of effort to put together though.

on the other hand, if this worked then we would have a pretty good idea what the bug was, or at least devs/gms could look for similarities between two accounts. two doppelganger accounts could also test if this bug appeared on red99 or other emu servers, to see if it was a blue99 bug, p99 bug, or emu bug.

have gms/devs attempted to collect account log in info for abandoned 1018 error accounts? Would be a place to start to look for a pattern. These accounts couldn't be handed out publicly though, for a few reasons, but a dev/gm could possibly look for a pattern within the account info server side.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

The biggest problem is there does not seem to be any visibility into what has been looked into and what hasn't been.

Everyone that has the problem keeps posting "omg i get 1018 i cannot log in" then that is the end of it... they never really follow through with anything more. The reason I attached to this thread was because the OP seemed more involved in the issue than just crying about it once and moving on.

GM/Dev responses seem absent outside of the response I got from Sirken saying "we are working on it".

On a page back I am basically posting my experience of when I can and cannot log in over the past week and it has so far been that if I try to log in during prime time i get blocked, if I log in early AM I get on fine. I took that another step and left a char logged in all day, was able to then log off prime time and log back on freely until I logged off for a few hours at which point I was then unable to log in.

That behavior, while a small sample size, heavily leads me to believe someone is out there who plays between 4pm pst 10PM (or later pst) and is blocking me from logging in.

I have EQ installed on a computer at work that I can RDP into so I am more or less going to leave that account logged in all weekend except when I want to actually use it at which point I can log out and then log in from home. If I can do this freely all weekend I think it further points to the whole doppleganger thing being a reality in which case the real smoking gun would be if two people could manage to link up and find out that they block eachother. (Oh, and this is a friging far cry from multi boxing... I can barely log into EQ through a RDP session let alone move or do anything).

If other people tried this also we could at least gather a wider data set ..

-edit-

Oh and if you want to help track when you can and cannot get in, please try times that are widely separated IE if you cannot log in at 8pm try at 8AM. Saying, I cannot log in at 8.. 8:01..8:02..8:03... doesnt prove a lot. Saying you can log in every single day at 8AM but NEVER at 8PM would be more helpful to this hypothesis.

I feel like the reason people are able to blow this off as something that happens 'infrequently' is that they are the lucky one who gets on first while some other unlucky guy always gets on 2nd and is 9/10 times blocked and eventually re-rolls a new account at which point their counter-part goes "oh its fixed!" I know my schedule is pretty static where I am always getting on around 4-5pm and getting off around 9-10pm.. so if someone else always logs in at 3:50pm and logs off at 11:00 pm they would never see the issue unless i got home early while I am blocked constantly... which is why I plan to leave the account logged in Friday-Sunday to see if I can get someone to come screaming =P
Last edited by xCry0x; 06-21-2013 at 04:30 PM..