Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bit off-topic, but It's quite hilarious that you roll characters that are best utilized in group settings and end up soloing with them. To each his own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually make classes that are supposed to be in groups because I WANT to group. I like the "group dynamic" in this game, I love it really. I KNOW that almost any combination of classes can work marvelously well together. But my desire to group is usually overridden because stuff like the examples below happen all too frequently:

Dude wants to group with me, I say sure let's give it a shot, he joins the group then says "hey I'll be back in a bit, I gotta go do some RL stuff" and proceeds to afk for 10 minutes. Dude grouping with me regularly sticks minute-long dots on mobs that will be dead within a tick or two, and even ended up casting a minute-long dot on a corpse once. Dude grouping with me is a caster but never sits to med. Etc.

I want to group, but not as much as I do NOT want to group with people that do crap like this. Don't accept an invite if you're gonna go afk for 10 minutes, or at least drop so I'm not powerleveling you. Don't do crazily inefficient stuff like dotting corpses, especially after I gently point out how incredibly dumb that is and make suggestions for other things that can be done instead. And so on.

Fortunately for me I'm twinking the hell out of my melees so that I'm not SOL when it proves impossible to find another decent player (or more) to group with.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-08-2013 at 02:46 PM..
Old 06-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bit off-topic, but It's quite hilarious that you roll characters that are best utilized in group settings and end up soloing with them. To each his own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know I personally have a rep as a bit soloer due to the solo artist challenge but really I prefer duos and trios. Had two really good ones recently: on my Bard I duoed the Sol B royals with Kalmy (48 paladin) and then trio with Koston (43 monk), and then on Kazmeir I did HS north with Halmir (59 cleric) and Crazyeyes on his 56 enchanter.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 06-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Do not, I repeat, do not make a Gnome Warrior. I had one and they suck. Not what you would think suck means. They are TOO SHORT to see over the rest of the group to even find the mob. Your job is to get agro. Well guess what if you can't see or find the mob, or one that is behind another mob you suck, and suck big time.

Don't do it, you will be sorry in both ways. Sorry for picking a Gnome, and sorry as a Warrior. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do not, I repeat, do not make a Gnome Warrior. I had one and they suck. Not what you would think suck means. They are TOO SHORT to see over the rest of the group to even find the mob. Your job is to get agro. Well guess what if you can't see or find the mob, or one that is behind another mob you suck, and suck big time.

Don't do it, you will be sorry in both ways. Sorry for picking a Gnome, and sorry as a Warrior. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I've considered this. The higher camera angle of large races is a big positive when you're a melee imo. And you can always "fix" being too big with some shrink pots, whereas you can't "fix" being too small without an expensive/no drop illusion item.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Kobold

All races will have good unbuffed stats in velious bc the quest loot is great. Do you wanna be short and awesome or fat and awesome?
Old 06-11-2013, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rallos Zek-worshipping Halfling warrior is the way to go, though.
agreed. can wear human/rz cultural, dorf enchanted cultural, and has racial sneak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have yet to see a female wood elf warrior (never saw one on live either.)
MT in my guild on live was female wood elf warrior. she'd always forage extra stuff and give it to me. i was lake "d'awwwwwwwe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotBK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but on the way there it may get frustrating to rely on others to help you avoid getting casted on.
switch in shield. click bash. done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude grouping with me regularly sticks minute-long dots on mobs that will be dead within a tick or two, and even ended up casting a minute-long dot on a corpse once.
weren't you just correcting me about this the other day when you insisted necros were misunderstood...

tl;dr: halfling.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Haha, I was actually endorsing halflings due to the idea of a Zek-worshipping halfling warrior being awesome, more than actual gameplay advantages. But you bring up some good points.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said, I'd go gnome. Gnomes are just awesome!
Seconded.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said, I'd go gnome. Gnomes are just awesome!
Seconded.
Well yeah, but Flickker isn't a warrior. Just sayin...
Old 06-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

She has one named Flickked. Level 60 with epics, she tries not to use it cause it makes Peekae, Zoom, and Malicee cry.
Closed Thread