Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Kobold

I always wanted to twink an SK or Paladin. However, Ranger never crosses my mind lol!

There is something particularly cool about seeing twink SK and Paladin, with all cool gears and weapons.

I also spent about 200k on my Ikky Monk, and let me tell you, he is one bad ass mofo.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Aviak

For a monk main who wants a melee alt, I'd go with SK or rogue.

SK has fun tools like circlet of shadow and your twink gear will rocket him to FD level. To me, the bonuses are worth the exp penalty and this would be my first choice.

Rogue plays similarly to monk and mashing backstab never held my interest long. But lots of gear overlap lets you twink cheaply if you're willing to transfer items.

In your situation I'd probably just go ahead and get 60 on the monk. You're already playing the best class, albeit the wrong race for it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarnicle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm, a lot of good feedback. At first I was hearing people say with Rogue epic being so cheap at around 50k that they make pretty good twinks, but Alawen makes a good point about dropping a lot of plat on No Drop gear encase I changed my mind, then there's also the point that I wouldn't get to have fun doing huge back stabs if I solo lvling up. I'm kind of leaning towards Warrior, and even if soloing slows down around level 40, I can still find duo partners relatively easy.
To be fair, you can back stab solo.

You can fear kite and you can walk through back and step back to back stab.

I knew rogues that basically solo'd to 50, I also duo'd 35-46 almost 100% with an epic rogue twink as a cleric and it worked great.

That said, when you drop 50k on an epic it is 50k you are not getting back unless you sell the account.

When you drop 50k on armor for a warrior it is 50k you can get back when you get planar gear.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Banned

Ogre SK.

SK is like... the classic twink.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Wait why is everyone assuming I'm playing a human Monk? I never said I was.. I mean, I am, but yea.. heh. Also, I do plan to get him to level 60 first as well. I'm a bit of a completionist and like finishing what I started in terms of leveling.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Dunno if I want to go SK, I have a 30 SK I stripped prior to quitting for a year and a half (contradicting my statement where I like to finish what I start), also had a 65 SK on live. I dunno though I'm kind of wanting something with better faction and less xp penalty at this time. I also thought instill doubt was kind of hard to connect? Like if I wanted to be able to BS as a rogue. I'll prob get made fun of but I'm thinking Assling Warrior.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

You're off the case, McGarnagle!
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Kobold

"No Chief, you're off your case."
Old 06-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

because if u were iksar, u wouldnt think on twinking a melee, because iksar monk is the best melee class ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

I would be biased and say Ogre warrior!
52 Monk Happytime
Closed Thread