Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also... Idol will not be in Velious and AoW will depop quickly once statue drops.
idol is spawned when statue is killed. aow spawns when idol is killed
Old 07-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

There will be no statue cycle on this server, you kill him you better be ready to attempt AoW. Idol was a post-Luclin introduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Removed idol from the spawn chain. Killing Statue will spawn AOW. If this is found to be incorrect, it will be changed back.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is how my server handled it as well. However, the Asia-guild did not always honor this as their lust for Feshlak was too high.

Statue is an odd case since Vindicator is not tied to the cycle, but many would consider him "in the way."
i once had to pull statue with vindi up because 2 guilds were forming in the arena. whoever pulled vindi was going to lose statue. noone thought it was possible but i managed to get statue out without agroing vindi. the other guild was fuming
Old 07-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will be no statue cycle on this server, you kill him you better be ready to attempt AoW. Idol was a post-Luclin introduction.
not how i remember it but then my last server on live was a progression server so maybe they'd added it in
Old 07-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also... Idol will not be in Velious and AoW will depop quickly once statue drops.
Hmm, I remember AoW staying up for a while after popping. I might be wrong though. I do remember him always getting stuck in walls by the East Wastes zone out and staying up for a bit. I've been wrong before though.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, I remember AoW staying up for a while after popping. I might be wrong though. I do remember him always getting stuck in walls by the East Wastes zone out and staying up for a bit. I've been wrong before though.
I think its like 90 mins?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i once had to pull statue with vindi up because 2 guilds were forming in the arena. whoever pulled vindi was going to lose statue. noone thought it was possible but i managed to get statue out without agroing vindi. the other guild was fuming
Yeah, I've seen it done a bunch especially post-PoP/SoL when they changed pets as to not drawing their own aggro. Before then, you just gotta warp the mobs like how people split Vindi from his guards.

It makes for silly Kael antics though!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Orc

The only reasonable thing to do is set a minimum set time and a maximum set time and then just have each mob randomly spawn in between their set times. Fixed times are terrible.. even variance is terrible.

On top of that they need to actually increase some timers. Me and a friend claimed every single Lodizlol for over a month straight on luclin and made well over a million plat with absolutely no effort.. to be fair it was during PoP and not many bothered camping him but there are some extremely dedicated no-lifers on p99 who will undoubtedly have him locked down forevaeva. I'm sure it would be easy to look up the 100% accurate timer but I recall it being something like 12 +/- 2. In other words - way too damn fast.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sure this has been suggested before (and not having experienced the raiding cluster on this server I've got nothing worthy to add anyway), but why not just have random simulated server resets like live? Every week+ the entire server is shut down and restarted with a 30 minute warning via server messages or something - as often happened back in the day. Seems like that would help with the 45+ day server bugs issue too?
Last edited by t0lkien; 07-11-2013 at 08:11 PM..
Old 07-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will be no statue cycle on this server, you kill him you better be ready to charm shit to kill AoW because they're putting that in for sure.
Closed Thread