Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went and got Canni 2 at level 53 (!) after reading this thread and decided to figure out what the HP/mana conversions were for both spells at my level.

Canni 1: 25 mana for 50 HP. 0.5 mana per HP spent.
Canni 2: 30 mana for 67 HP. 0.45 mana per HP spent.

I was surprised since the wiki says that Canni 2 gets more efficient as you level, and 30 mana was the lowest return listed; I assumed that by 53, it would give more mana. Yet, it doesn't.

This leaves me kind of conflicted. On the one hand, if you time your med ticks between canni casts (I don't bother doing this, especially because of client-server lag making it confusing), then certainly it seems like Canni 1 is the better option. On the other hand, if you don't do this, or you're not doing a lot of medding during a given fight (maybe you're busy casting root and epic on multiple mobs), there may be some argument for Canni 2: even if it's less efficient, it gives you more mana if your time for casting it repeatedly is limited, and also, you will be able to get in more meditation time if you're spending less time casting it.

In any case, I think that the lower efficiency makes Canni 2 less attractive than people in this thread have been saying. An argument could be made for sticking with Canni 1 most of the time (though personally I'm probably gonna go with 2).
Yeah I was always under the impression it got more efficient but that didn't seem to flesh out.

I used the same line of thinking with regards to making the switch from canni 2 to canni 3 but from what I can tell it's not a significant difference. One thing to consider in all this is that if you do forego upgrading to the next in line, you do have to canni dance regularly to make up the difference in efficiency. Letting even 1 med tick slip by (0mp gained) is worse than 2 casts of canni 1. Not to mention you're missing out on sit-regen as well during this period (although for myself mana regen and hp regen are not synched).

I also root rot 4-5 things with epic dot which leaves very little time for sitting between casts. Taking advantage of the 0-cool down between epic casts to throw a canni in is sometimes the only way I regain mana. With that said, the largest canni is easily the most helpful in this scenario - especially if I'm going to follow up that root-rot group Witt another group of 4-5 consecutively.

Ymmv and if you find it's different post for discussion!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 12-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

`Froglok Yun Shaman confirmed the worst. He is around level 41-42 and is tough as nails. If you're around 39 you will not be able to kill him solo.`

why solo it, place is often full of trackers doin seb key or after certain named. Most folk will help you if you are polite. lvl 60 bard did it for me(kill shaman), and i completed the quest at 38/9

I found it inefficient to use at 39 tho.....43 onwards its getting there....

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Closed Thread