Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I would be all about this! make. this. happen.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Banned

I'm not sure why everyone thinks SZ was so hardcore, you didn't lose items did you?

To those saying RZ was divided by races/alignment/etc. are all wrong. It was completely FFA and it was guild vs guild. You are thinking of TZ or VZ. The two main teams, which were very lopsided, was pk vs anti pk.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Banned

To those of you that are against starting on Red now need to look into it a little more. There are level ranges on who you can attack, no exp loss on PvP death, no item loot, and PVE is wide open. There is also a large exp bonus. Not only a permanent exp bonus for all levels but an additional scaled bonus for levels 1-50, being higher at lower level.

There are also enough players to where you can group, but having an additional character that you can solo when you can't find a group is a must. There is global /ooc so trading/grouping can take place.

Once you are 50+ it is pretty easy to get camps as well, much easier than on blue. Even if your pure focus is PvE the RED server is currently better than BLUE. At high end the server is cut between PvP and PvE. The number 1 guild is 100% PvE focused and dominate all raids. The rest of the server is made up of smaller PvP guilds that still probably accomplish more than most PvE guilds on BLUE since there isn't as much heavy competition.

Other pluses:

Raiding is not based on variance, it is a timed so everyone knows when bosses spawn. No sitting around with scouts.

No waiting for turns on camps/raids. You simply attack people and take what you want. It is a great way for skilled players to get what they want instead of having to play 24/7.

With the lower population everyone knows each other and your reputation will mean something. You will be a true asset to your guild/friends and friends are much more important on a PvP server. Don't worry if you don't have any yet, you will meet people on the server that align with your play style.
Last edited by HippoNipple; 08-22-2013 at 01:04 PM..
Old 08-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure why everyone thinks SZ was so hardcore, you didn't lose items did you?

To those saying RZ was divided by races/alignment/etc. are all wrong. It was completely FFA and it was guild vs guild. You are thinking of TZ or VZ. The two main teams, which were very lopsided, was pk vs anti pk.
Reason people felt that SZ was hardcore was no PvP level restrictions (starting at level 6, anyway), and exp loss upon PvP death.

Also, because it was 3 hardcoded teams, people didn't create "honor rules" like they did on Rallos Zek - or at least early RZ. It was a straight up slaughter fest against the people not in your team, and kicking the face in of anyone who dared to touch someone on your team.

I'll never forget the time my guild camped someone's body for the 7 days straight to make sure it rotted... SZ was vicious.

EDIT - Also, I don't know in detail if this was allowed on RZ or not... or even here a R99... but training of opposing team's raids/groups was open game. If you were raiding, and you did a /who and saw a certain bards name in zone from the opposing faction... EVERYONE went on their guard because they knew there was a train full of Hate (teehee... for those who know my reference) on the way.
Last edited by Velus; 08-22-2013 at 01:03 PM..
Old 08-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reason people felt that SZ was hardcore was no PvP level restrictions (starting at level 6, anyway), and exp loss upon PvP death.

Also, because it was 3 hardcoded teams, people didn't create "honor rules" like they did on Rallos Zek - or at least early RZ. It was a straight up slaughter fest against the people not in your team, and kicking the face in of anyone who dared to touch someone on your team.

I'll never forget the time my guild camped someone's body for the 7 days straight to make sure it rotted... SZ was vicious.

EDIT - Also, I don't know in detail if this was allowed on RZ or not... or even here a R99... but training of opposing team's raids/groups was open game. If you were raiding, and you did a /who and saw a certain bards name in zone from the opposing faction... EVERYONE went on their guard because they knew there was a train full of Hate (teehee... for those who know my reference) on the way.
No level restrictions and training were the great equalizers, at least during the time I was there. And it was crazy fun. Teams took up ownership of zones and whole segments of the world and the gear that goes with it. Also, with religion based teams, not every race/class combination was available to every team, but there was also a lot of crossover, too. Like evil wood and half elf bards, just off the top of my head.

Very very fun ruleset. I came to it as a total blubie, took to it like a fish to water, and got to play with some of the best and fun EQ players I've ever met. Still remember like it was yesterday a couple of specific fights I got into simply because I've never had my blood pumping like that in EQ before or since...And I've played tons of EQ.

Not having the whole world at your disposal adds a whole new dimension on the game. It's simultaneously frustrating but fun because you don't have your pick of zones to level in and gear to go get. You have to use what you can get access to or secure and you wind up with a new appreciation for zones you never really used before because you have to. And getting a really good upgrade is a big deal.
Last edited by Weekapaug; 08-22-2013 at 01:20 PM..
Old 08-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No level restrictions and training were the great equalizers, at least during the time I was there. And it was crazy fun. Teams took up ownership of zones and whole segments of the world and the gear that goes with it. Also, with religion based teams, not every race/class combination was available to every team, but there was also a lot of crossover, too. Like evil wood and half elf bards, just off the top of my head.

Very very fun ruleset. I came to it as a total blubie, took to it like a fish to water, and got to play with some of the best and fun EQ players I've ever met. Still remember like it was yesterday a couple of specific fights I got into simply because I've never had my blood pumping like that in EQ before or since...And I've played tons of EQ.
Yep, although I think you meant half elf and human bards.. not woodies. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah, the sense of community within the factions was amazing. I initially played on Firiona Vie, and then spent some time on RZ before switching to SZ not too long after it had launched. Stayed on SZ for the rest of my EQ Live career.

There really was no other server that could compare to SZ... by my opinion, at least.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

SZ was hardcore in that there were no play nice policies for a year or two after the server was opened. Same-team training was even allowed until sometime during PoP. You lost experience and corpse camping was allowed - death was not pleasant even if it wasn't to another player.

To elaborate: the top raid guild got faction burned in Skyshrine and had to pull off a midnight ninja loot-n-scoot to get their corpses back from a guild who camped them in shifts.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikku82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red has too few people playing it. And the rules are similar to RZ? No thnx.

Everyone knows SZ was hands down the best pvp server and most fun. Evil vs Newt vs Good. How it can go wrong? Had tons of fun there on Tides of Wrath back in the days.

We need a team pvp server. Im sure it would grow very popular. Thank you and have a nice day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Tikku .. who were you on SZ?? Fellow ToW player here ..

P.S. Sign me up for a SZ style server.
Last edited by Chronoburn; 08-22-2013 at 01:46 PM..
Old 08-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcappy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SZ was hardcore in that there were no play nice policies for a year or two after the server was opened. Same-team training was even allowed until sometime during PoP. You lost experience and corpse camping was allowed - death was not pleasant even if it wasn't to another player.

To elaborate: the top raid guild got faction burned in Skyshrine and had to pull off a midnight ninja loot-n-scoot to get their corpses back from a guild who camped them in shifts.
I pulled 2nd and 3rd shifts off and on during this week long camp fest .... 6 or 7 <Ruin> folks were pretty close to rotting. Pretty sure they got there corpses back because our Euro force wasn't big enough =(
Old 08-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, although I think you meant half elf and human bards.. not woodies. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, I meant Wood Elf. They can be Rallos and that was on the evil faction.
Closed Thread