Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

jboots feeling slower
Old 09-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unplayable or game-breaking bugs aside, most of the patches designed to "fix" the game in fact made the game easier and less enjoyable for the vast majority of the players.

You have to ask yourself this question: what recent game has inspired anyone to have a digital sit-in?
EVE has had the spaceship equivalent of a sit-in at least once that I know of.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCranston [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All off Eq's existence up until this point is exactly why a project like this could have been amazing. If they had just fixed everything Sony kept fucking up, from the start, this project could have been EQ how it was always meant to be, not a bunch of back and forth fuck ups.

Instead they elected to glorify said fuck ups and do the same thing here, only on a much longer timeline. Hooray!
You are free to start up "Everquest [Fixed]"
Old 09-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

unbuffed gnomes and halflings running "faster" than other races
Old 09-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors had a sit in because knights were preferable tanks for 60-65 exp groups. Basically, they received short timer abilities that gave them instant hate. Although I think that the EQ warrior community is the bitchiest and most paranoid MMO community that I've ever encountered, this was definitely needed for Boxcarjerry who was tanking PoValor with a Frostbringer and Centi Longsword.

Furor
Old 09-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors complaining about Paladins and SKs.

Paladins and SKs complaining about warriors.
also this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... Although I think that the EQ warrior community is the bitchiest and most paranoid MMO community that I've ever encountered, ...
But then, speaking as a classic-era paladin, they did have a reason for being that way. You try going for years on end with "raid mt" as the one trick for your pony and you'll probably get bitchy and paranoid too.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah what glorius days where paladins replaced silly wars for tanking bosses in potime.

when paladins did succesfull even tanked quarm furor and his lackeys exploded .

and i agree about eq war community being the most paranoid ego self glorified power monger ever.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Looking back, the sit-ins are kind of funny because they were done by warrior/cleric, but only really work for warriors/clerics (outside of raising awareness). Since you need a cleric and warrior to do anything in this game, the game just shuts down.

If any other class is doing a sit-in? Fuck you, we didn't need you anyways.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

People used to bitch about Furor Planedefiler of the infamous Fires of Heaven, but the man put together one of the original hardcore guilds, where they often did new and fucked up content and wiped to it night after night ("You ain't dyin, you ain't tryin" he would say), and more than anything, the man put together some of the best all time rants on the FoH front page I've ever seen since.

Nothing compares to his front page rants about the Rathe Council, or what he posted when they finally got into PoT only to find it was not really working well.

Furor was one of a mutherfuckin kind. But those were those times! You actually could get *furious* (pun intended) and lots of people laughed, but lots more nodded their head.

People gave fucks. In all seriousness, it is hard to give much fucks nowadays.

Maybe another game will come along someday that merits the vigorous giving of a fuck, but it hasn't happened yet, and I was glad I was there when Furor was regularly posting shit like this:

"The Plane of Time
2003-05-09 18:50:26 - Furor Planedefiler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have 14 Days. If after that time the Plane is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play Everquest.

To be brief, I did not work my ass off, jumping through your idiotic hoops with my friends and guildmates, so I could go to a zone where only groups of 18 could enjoy the content. EVEN if past these initial moronic events I can finally get my entire guild in to raid with me, FUCK YOU GUYS. Seriously, FUCK YOU.

I cannot believe this... right now I'm just so pissed off. I am sitting here in the Plane of Time, and 3/4 of my guild is just sitting around while a group of 18 is repeatedly trying to beat one of the mini ring encounters. Don't you people have ANY FUCKING DECENCY? SMEDLEY WHY DON'T YOU STOP COUNTING YOUR MONEY AND START ISSUING ORDERS?

The tragic irony of creating the ultimate cockblock encounter in the form of the Rathe which requires 80 people to defeat and then to limit encounters in the Plane of Time to 18.

14 Days.... after that this site will change from the most popular EQ fan site on the internet to the most popular World of Warcraft fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless fuckers... it's my turn."

Before you lol at this, *of course* it is funny now. That is my point. The OP asked, what was bitchin like back in the day. This is what it looked like. And it was not so funny back then.

EQ used to sometimes be a genuine and utter pita.

Fortunately, p99 catches a bit of that flavor. But there will never be another Furor or FoH (or Triton, or Afterlife, etc....)

Unless.... some future game comes out that can actually create that level of immersion and hardass fuckery again.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Large Rat

I remember the monk sitin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread