Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i still think so also, but they just (few days ago) removed the progression server forum from their forums section. That isn't a good sign for more progression.
They did that because their was no actual progression server anymore after the mergers. They also said that if they were to make a new progression server, that the forum section would return.
Groot - 21 Human Monk
Urso - 21 Dwarf Cleric
Bofric - 20 Dwarf Rogue
Dauthi - 15 Iksar Shadow Knight
Old 07-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rumour has it the new live server (Trakanon) will be another progression server
I'm surprised SOE would be willing to do that. Especially after how fail the first 2 were.

The problem with progression servers on EQ, is you have 2 main factions

People that want to play Classic at a fair pace vs People that are raid hungry that want to fly through the content.

All in all, its just gonna be a big QQ fest.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm surprised SOE would be willing to do that. Especially after how fail the first 2 were.

The problem with progression servers on EQ, is you have 2 main factions

People that want to play Classic at a fair pace vs People that are raid hungry that want to fly through the content.

All in all, its just gonna be a big QQ fest.
This pretty much sums it up. If they posted a progression schedule ahead of time, that clearly stated that such and such will not be unlocked before this date, then maybe it would work out a little better... but who knows.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

SOE will never get another penny from me. I'm sorry but even though it's been 8 years since I paid a sub fee to them, there's just too much (bloody) water under the bridge between them as a company and me as a customer.

P1999 on the other hand, has everything that EQ had in it's halcyon days with improvements besides.

Might as well take this opportunity to thank the dev community here for all their hard work and time committed. It is very much appreciated.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess if Dac321 didn't like the server, then that makes it go down in the books as a failure, regardless if it made SOE more money than anything they've produced in years.
Last edited by Reiker; 07-20-2010 at 12:51 PM..
Old 07-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Theres certain types of people like myself that love to start over on new toons when the server is new. I played 4 different servers on WoW because theyd be new and it was exciting to play a world where everyone was new again, see how the economy builds its self etc etc.

I started over once on EQ but it didnt stick because at the time I was a hardcore raider, so my time was kinda limited to playing 1 server or the other.

With that said, if Sony were to make a new progression server the only way Id pay to play it was if it were time locked, 3-4 months per expansion seems good to me. Anything faster or just content unlocked I doubt Id play because you would just have 1 powerhouse guild burn through everything as fast as they could, even if I were in that guild it wouldnt be enjoyable.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because no one destroys a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game quite like John Smedley.
You should have just kept to not posting
Old 07-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd play a shaman since Kunark would actually get released.
You are SUCH a bitch.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess if Dac321 didn't like the server, then that makes it go down in the books as a failure, regardless if it made SOE more money than anything they've produced in years.
It has nothing to do whether or not I like it, I personally thought the concept was cool. However, it was a failure. Take a look at the figures. More then half the people left after the first 7 months due to the content being rushed. They made a server that couldn't please both the standard player and the hardcore player.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
It has nothing to do whether or not I like it, I personally thought the concept was cool. However, it was a failure. Take a look at the figures. More then half the people left after the first 7 months due to the content being rushed. They made a server that couldn't please both the standard player and the hardcore player.
The servers were absolutely fucking packed the first month, I'd say easily 2000 players per server. Now, SOE doesn't make any additional money from people switching servers to progression, but nearly everyone I knew on progression was a re-sub. So let's lowball and use some extremely conservative figures and say that half of all players were resubs, and that each server lost 150 subscriptions every month. This should give us a very low-end look at revenue.

Month 1: 2000 x 15 = $30000 Vanilla
Month 2: 1850 x 15 = $27750 Kunark
Month 3: 1700 x 15 = $25500 Velious
Month 4: 1550 x 15 = $23250 Luclin
Month 5: 1400 x 15 = $21000 PoP
Month 6: 1250 x 15 = $18750 Loy/LDON
Month 7: 1100 x 15 = $16500 GoD

Total subscription revenue Vanilla -> GoD: $162,750, low end figure.

"Failure"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are SUCH a bitch.
Reported for being a virgin.
Closed Thread