Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

All of what everyone suggested is a smart idea. Making a farm class is definitely a smart move, I started out with just my rogue and didn't even think about making a farm class. I leveled to 53 on my Rogue before epics and it was a challenge for sure but I had fun with it.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 01-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My rogue is my main and I leveled her up the old-fashioned way, untwinked and quested for epic (not hard at all if you have friends or guild help).
That's how it should be done! pras!
Old 01-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Orc

So yea, 3 toons and a half a bottle of wine later in settled on playing an iksar monk, here's why.

1. Starting area, lots of groups, lots of mobs and many friendly high level passerbys buffing
2. Iksar regen is amazing it makes a big difference.
3. Having abilities I can actually use while soloing is more enjoyable.

A friendly player gave my rogue a jagged chokidai spine wondering if I can trade it for a decent monk weapon??

Classes tried: rogue, necro, monk
Old 01-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Try to get in the Guild Knights That Say Ni. They now I think are the largest Guild on Blue P1999. They always have groups going at most all levels 24/7. Great guild also.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Orc

Will be soloing in FoB on my monk Koops if anyone wants to join this morn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

Monk is definitely a fun class and later on once you have mend and bandages soloing is possible and actually exciting. Be prepared to die a lot at first. I would definitely start a second class just as something when you need a break or if you ever get frustrated. Since you picked a racially exp challenged character maybe do a Halfling druid as a counterpoint. These are just suggestions. I leveled a human monk both on live and here and monk really is imo an amazing class.

2 things save all bone chips people will pay upwards of 10pp a stack for them when they are trying to improve Cabilis faction and there is always someone in FoB doing that. The second is don't sell spiderling or spider silks use them to work on tailoring. You can make your own armor at lower levels and also make bandages, backpacks and other things with the skill. With the release of Velious there will be Wu's armor which you can wear and some pieces are pretty amazing.

Monks are also great because you have several weapon options including fists. But keep in mind your weight restriction. Ill try and swing by there I think I have a pair of magic gloves you can have if you haven't gotten any already they are heavy but the stats will offset the wt.

If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask most monks on the server are pretty great to talk to.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Orc

Yea I'm having fun,, got 4 stacks of spidering silk already !
Old 01-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Was actually going to suggest a monk after reading the first page. For a couple hundred plat, which is extremely easy to farm in FoB from bone chips and spiderling silk, you can get a 23/28 2h weapon. Once you've got this and 2x 5/55 rings and break through the damage caps (lvl 20 before you'll do full dmg with this), with mend + bind wound + fear + FD, you're going to have a ton more solo potential, more top-notch duo combinations (imo), and you'll outdps a similarly poor rogue. You can play the role of puller, dps, or even tank (especially if you've got a root class).
Old 01-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceelow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. many friendly high level passerbys buffing
Is that really the case? I can't say I've ever seen a high level buffer run through FoB (or any of the 4 starting iksar zones for that matter) other than myself. After leveling up 2 iksars through them...
Old 01-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

I've probably passed through FoB with Tecmos 12-15 times in the last year and buffed noobs while I was there trying to buy or turn in bone chips, etc. Doesn't sound like a lot I know, but it IS a long-ass ways out there for someone not bound at pots!
Closed Thread