Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The npcs in mistmoore that can cast root-type spells are necromancers or wizards.

As a general note, are npcs on p99 casting root? It's on their list, but perhaps they are not using it at a high enough priority, or something is wrong with it.

Can I get additional commentary from others about npcs rooting (or snaring) from casted spells? This leads me to believe there is something wrong with casted root, since ghoulroot is a proc and works fine.
I feel like p99's casters fire off roots when they, themselves are rooted + at range. Of course, most of the time Tecmos is playing he is fighting rooted mobs at range, so... yeah.

Having roots thrown my way are definitely rare though. Usually seems like it's spore king randomly trying to root me as he is being tanked by someone else, or some goblin caster in droga trying to root me while I'm meleeing down his buddy first, etc. I'm certain that I have run into trouble more times because I rooted (or on my wiz, snared) myself than because an NPC did it, and I don't root myself very often [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit - oh! I cannot recall ever having a charmed pet rooted by an enemy caster. It may have happened, but this is definitely the kind of thing I would remember (cause it would annoy the hell out of me because I often keep my pets fettered, and having a 10-levels-lower NPC caster use "Root" on my pet overwriting my fetter would piss me off) if it happened more than once in a blue moon.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-11-2014 at 11:20 PM..
Old 02-12-2014, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like p99's casters fire off roots when they, themselves are rooted + at range. Of course, most of the time Tecmos is playing he is fighting rooted mobs at range, so... yeah.

Having roots thrown my way are definitely rare though. Usually seems like it's spore king randomly trying to root me as he is being tanked by someone else, or some goblin caster in droga trying to root me while I'm meleeing down his buddy first, etc. I'm certain that I have run into trouble more times because I rooted (or on my wiz, snared) myself than because an NPC did it, and I don't root myself very often [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit - oh! I cannot recall ever having a charmed pet rooted by an enemy caster. It may have happened, but this is definitely the kind of thing I would remember (cause it would annoy the hell out of me because I often keep my pets fettered, and having a 10-levels-lower NPC caster use "Root" on my pet overwriting my fetter would piss me off) if it happened more than once in a blue moon.
I think I remember Froglok King rooting charmed pets before (on p1999)
Old 02-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerosys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im sorry but this is just wrong.. I have been hit with PD's aoe at 250 MR so the fact that you miraculously resist it everytime is funny.
Why is that funny? It never hits me.

If a GM wants to load up a char with 250 magic and spam the effect with the spell id 300 times and paste me the results, I'll attribute it to luck.

Red pals confirm as well on PD aoe:
Quote:
Nirgon Yeah
hey
maybe its different on red but
if i got ~250 magic on PD... i NEVER get hit by the aoe from him (her?)
im sure you guys had 400 MR (lawl) every fight but.. can you ever recall a time that aoe from PD hit you?

HBK7535887
rarely
5% of the time
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-12-2014 at 11:18 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I remember Froglok King rooting charmed pets before (on p1999)
ah yes indeed