Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

My friend showed me this game when we were at his house. I was watching him play is 30 something warrior and thought it was the coolest game I had ever seen, he even let me make a cleric and fight around in EC, thought I was the shit with cloth armor and a rusty mace.

I went home and used my hard earned chore money (was 13 at the time) and went and bought the game only to find out that our computer was obsolete and wouldn't run it. So I grabbed my dad's work laptop while he was gone and tried to install it on that only to find out that the internet connection didn't work on it. Took about a month of begging my parents for them to buy a updated computer. After that all I can remember is getting so incredibly pissed when someone would pick up the phone to make a call and make me go LD, damn you AOL!
Old 05-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Wood elf druid. With my crappy video card the trees were all screwy and you couldn't see the platforms. After countless deaths I made a half elf druid in Surefall, got to level 5 and fell in that blackburrow pit and lost my body. Made a human mage named Velerin. Never played an elf again in 15 years. I hate elves.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Project Manager

Created Nilbog the paladin in Qeynos. He was awesome with all points into charisma and intelligence.

Found Qeynos Hills..and a rabid wolf found me. I decided to fight and see what lay on hands was all about. When the wolf hit me, my target switched back to the npc, and I layed on hands the rabid wolf. I think this mechanic was changed early on, and probably for good reason.

That's my first eq memory.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

The effin guidebook said you need charisma to speak languages well.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Banned

Getting 10+ skeletons trained on me at the newbie log.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Banned

Made a wood elf ranger, got it to lvl 7. Took alot of time. I put alot of time in, i use to beg high level players for plat at the orc lift. A wood elf druid gave me 10pp. And i also managed to get a full set of banded armor. I was 11 or 12years old at the time u can imagine my excitement. I looked so cool. One day at the entrance to crushbone a guy offered to trade me a green jade broad sword for my full set of banded. I agreed because that weapon looked so cool. So i put all of my items in trade and he put like a rusty 2hander in window and i didnt check. Trade went through and im stuck wit no gear. I was devastated. Quit and rerolled my dorf war and that became my main
Old 05-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

The game had been out for about 2 months when friends of mine that I table top gamed with screamed at me "buy it! it's AD&D Online! mostly!"

I worked at a mall then and I had my computer with me to screw around with when no one was looking, so I bought a copy from the Gamestop. I installed it, but had no access to internet (couldn't block the company phone line). I played through the tutorial twice and thought it was amazing.

Got home, my friends told me they rolled dwarves / wood & high elves, so I rolled a high elf magician (because I choose you, Goner!). Tons of people screaming about being broke and not able to afford spells, and I was packing 4 slot mage bags x5 and 3 backpacks for rusties, cloth armor, and CB belt loot while I was bound at something called Orc Lift.

I felt so badass and rich.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Getting lost in Neriak trying to find my spells. Then realising once I got them you got points for casting them (abjuration etc). Before I went to bed I got one of those little electric motors, taped it to my desk with a flexible plastic stick attached and had it hitting my mouse casting spells all night... didn't realise it was capped at (5) at level 1.

On PvP Tallon I think, it was some nice person giving me a robe from befallen and thinking yeah baby! about 2 seconds later being burned down by a wizard... running back to body and my robe was gone....!
Last edited by Ikonoclastia; 05-21-2014 at 05:28 PM..
Old 05-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Kobold

I was a blind human ranger. Got killed by my guildmaster before changing the attack key. Got lost in that stupid tunnel so many times since I was so damn blind and kept getting turned around running through there. Got me hooked tho!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The effin guidebook said you need charisma to speak languages well.
Lol. I seem to remember the guidebook being terrible. Didn't it say humans leveled the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread