Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm I wonder if this would take care of my random crashing while zoning and the fact that I crash every time I camp?
`it would cut it down probably 75%
Old 08-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

is there a free version of WinEQ?

red cape, check.

logging in
Old 08-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos057 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're an idiot. 90% of the server uses wineq. Not only does it allow you to google shit while playing EQ but it fixes many hardware issues that were not around back in the day (like multi core cpu issues)
I don't see the correlation. I think if it is working for you then it is great but you can run EQ Titanium in windowed mode and lock it down to one processor by just putting the affinity 0 in the shortcut.
I run windowed mode exclusively with the wiki open in my second monitor without winEQ.
This is all running on a brand new custom build modern computer running 64bit win7.

As I said though, if you are having issues and winEQ fixes things for you then I applaud you using it to fix those issues. I just don't understand what issues it is fixing for you.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see the correlation. I think if it is working for you then it is great but you can run EQ Titanium in windowed mode and lock it down to one processor by just putting the affinity 0 in the shortcut.
I run windowed mode exclusively with the wiki open in my second monitor without winEQ.
This is all running on a brand new custom build modern computer running 64bit win7.

As I said though, if you are having issues and winEQ fixes things for you then I applaud you using it to fix those issues. I just don't understand what issues it is fixing for you.
Crashing, as numerous people have stated in this thread.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocsucow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
`it would cut it down probably 75%
Well it might remove the error entirely. There are disconnects, which I still usually have, and then there are crashes, which this does a good job resolving.

Yes, it's free. You can do the paid version, but I've had no use for the paid version as far as I know. I think paid version just removes the limit on multi-boxing. But like here and PEQ (only emu servers I play) there are already limits to how many clients you can have logged in anyway, which is below the limit of the free version, don't remember the limit of wineq exactly atm, three I think...

Yeah, a lot of people here use it. We're all idiots, right? hehe. Just gotta luv this community sometimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] All us software developers, CS grads, support techies, sys ops, you guys put us to shame with your boundless knowledge of everything tech. Please tell us how it's done.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

WinEQ has EQPlayNice which lets you set a lot of options that lets EverQuest run a little better on newer computers. It's also very convenient if you have multiple installations of EverQuest (if you play on Live, or other EMU's) as you can just right click the icon after setting up the shortcut and pick what server you feel like playing. It's a pretty decent program, but to answer your question EqPlayNice is why most people need it.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people cant log in without it? what? I guess I never encountered or heard of this issue
Old 08-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Put the god damn thing on the desktop not program files. Wow some people. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread