Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
levels are the best way... if you just keep killing stuff and selling the drops you will find the plat to buy the spells needed... best bet would be Kurns... might get lucky and get an Iksar Beserker club to sell... plus most players on red are pretty generous to newbies...
You called it. I used invisibility vs undead to sneak over to the jester spawn and sure enough there he was holding the Iksar Berserker Club. Ended up selling it to a guild member for a couple hundred plat and some items [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

That third spell tier always is a lot of money for newbie casters. 4pp a pop at level 8 is huge but with each tier the price doesn't go up that much and the pp you make from trash goes up quickly. I think this is why a lot of lvl 10ish new casters feel so poor.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Skeleton

It's not Kunark but if you're a necro and you need some cash, go to the Gargoyles in OOT. Take the boat and hop off around the seafury island; the haunted island with spectres and gargoyles is south of it and in view from the boat.

The eyes they drop are stackable and sell for 9pp each to vendor. On red you can get about 3 stacks per level while solo.

Eyes are also nice because they aren't cash, so you don't lose it if someone ganks you, they're light, and you can even use it as a pseudo currency... I just carry them around with me - need some plat to buy a spell or two? Sell the eyes to the vendor to cover the cost then buy the spell - no risk.

The downside is there aren't many spawns and sometimes they are greater skeletons (at least they drop bone chips) that are green. Also the island LOS issues are annoying at times.

I recommend being level 20 to do this as they will chew through a L16 pet and resist too often before 20 to fear kite effectively.