Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Make corpsing a bannable offense?
YES 171 51.66%
NO 100 30.21%
Don't Care 60 18.13%
Voters: 331. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 03:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know I'm not the only one who hates all this corpsing LORE item crap going on lately especially with the most recent forum post shedding light on camp handoffs etc.

We need to come together as a community and try and get our Devs/GMs to make this a bannable offense.

Without corpsing camps like AC would not have looping lists of the same people. This would open it up for other people to come take a shot at it while others are off trying to get rid of their MQ or turn in for themselves.

What do you think? Are you for or against it? Would you like to see it made bannable?
I'm going say this as nicely as I can

GET THE HELL OVER YOUR PITTY PARTY

returning back to our schedule boardcasting
Old 11-10-2014, 03:26 AM
Aviak

double post
Old 11-10-2014, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Make corpsing a bannable offense?
Voting no because question is too vague and I don't want rangers to be deleted from the server
Old 11-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Kobold

Also get rid of all MQs
Old 11-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

There's cats on that thar moon!
Old 11-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Sarnak

Lore item status should perform corpse check....
Old 11-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

This is stupid. You can't corpse an item and then hold the camp if someone is waiting.

Also nobody is RMTing off of AC rings, lol.

So what's the problem exactly?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:46 AM
VIP / Contributor

Not classic, and not an issue.

Either do, or do not.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 11-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still going to hope for the best and assume that the community can outrule the classic shit that is really not classic because it was not this prevalent back then.

I think getting rid of toxic causing tactics would be a huge benefit for the entire server (classic or not). Classic experiences that cause such a large amount of negativity across the entire playerbase should be ruled over.

You can't tell me that if 80% or more of your entire playerbase want it gone you would still keep it... Seems kind of silly to keep it in place just because it was in the game 15 years ago.

I don't know, I'm still rooting for the community to keep putting in their votes. This server was made by you awesome devs for our enjoyment and if something as stupid as corpsing ruins it for a majority of the players then well maybe the whole "isn't changing because it wasn't classic" mentality should go out the window for maybe just a few things.

This server isn't truly classic as it is anyways.

EDIT:

Also, I bet if you outlawed corpsing you would make a lot of RMTers really angry. Isn't that a win too?

This isn't a democracy. It's a dictatorship. Learn to deal with it.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

If no one shows up to take the camp from the corpse camper, then the camper should be able to camp as many items as he/she is willing to camp. It maximizes pixel availability for the server. I vote no because its not "the problem"

What I do really have a problem with is this list ignoring stuff that I keep reading about (though I haven't encountered it in person). I am strongly in favor of a policy of rigid enforcement of the camp hand-off policy mentioned before. On demand, the camper gives to the prospective camper the names and positions of everyone on the list and is placed at the end of the list.

I would be in favor of adding the following: On demand means relatively quickly. Allowing for some wiggle room in the event of the afk camper, the list must be given within a reasonable time period after the list request is made. If the prospective camper is ignored, then the prospective camper can assume that he/she is next on the list.

Obviously this requires some common sense. If I roll up to a camp and X is clearly camping it and Y and Z are sitting there clearly waiting for the camp, then silence on the part of the camper does not allow me to claim that I'm next because I'm on notice that Y and Z are probably waiting for the camp.
Closed Thread