Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar is the ONLY choice for necromancer. There is no reason good enough to pick any other race. Even Rping you're going to regret not picking iksar for the regen.

It's not pre-kunark anymore. Pick Iksar.

Do Not let people confuse you by saying things like "oh it just a slight advantage, it doesn't make a big difference at 60" That is bullshit it is a world of difference.

Want to look through walls? Call a shaman to shrink you, lord knows there is enough of those on the server now-a-days. And it lasts until you log or zone.
Better yet, but a Ant Potion and shrink in, indoor zones when ever you want to. Bam instantly nullified gnomes.

Pick Iksar for goodness sake. Now let's eat some cake.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 01-22-2016 at 09:41 PM..
Old 01-22-2016, 11:06 PM
Banned

I've had this discussion a million times and I still don't see regen as being all that useful to a necro any where close to maxed out. It's a nice tool for a first toon, specifically levels 50-60 leveling wise.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Duh hands down barbarians make the best necro
Old 01-23-2016, 05:57 AM
Fire Giant

Would not change my necro to iksar if had the choice. I can't explain it, but I have certain classes I need to play with certain races. Makes the game more enjoyable for me. Would I take the regen? Yup lol.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

regarding the necromancer class: Iksar

... no other race make sense.

Period.

The only reason I haven't made a necromancer on this server yet (I love the class) is I don't want to play an iksar yet can't bring myself to create anything but.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-23-2016, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had this discussion a million times and I still don't see regen as being all that useful to a necro any where close to maxed out. It's a nice tool for a first toon, specifically levels 50-60 leveling wise.
You're kidding right?

Anyone who believe what Teppler said take a look at these numbers...
http://wiki.project1999.com/Necroman...ksar:_Pre-Lich

Yeah pretty wide margin on the difference.

At level 60 using http://wiki.project1999.com/Demi_Lich
You get: Increase Mana by 31 per tick
With the side effect being: Decrease hitpoints by 32 per tick
Non-Iksar Sitting(at 60): -25 per tick
Iksar Sitting(at 60): -14 per tick

Get the spell Regrowth on a iksar would mean that they're actually gaining +1 hp per tick while sitting. And the 31 mana per tick. That is pretty F'in beast.
Meanwhile a non-iksar with the spell regrowth on them would still be losing 10 hits per tick.
(This is all if that info on the wiki is accurate)

Just so people know Clarity line of spells don't stack with these necro mana regen forms. They'd be a mana powerhouse if that was possible.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 01-23-2016 at 05:29 PM..
Old 01-23-2016, 08:36 PM
Banned

While racial regen has no negatives, it's benefits to a near maxed out to max outed necro are highly situational.

Keep in mind necro access to life taps both dd and overtime which work as low magic resist weapons. Let alone items that let them hp tap for free.

Most situations with necro won't have you needing that sustained hp over time. And in fact, if you're fighting stuff in bursts, dark elf or erudite stats might help you in terms of having a larger ammo clip with mana.

So as I said in my post, I've never found it all that convincing.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't agree with this assessment. A properly played necro is absolutely amazing in a group. Yes, you are constantly active, but this is not a detriment to the group. You're active because you have a lot of things to do and you can do them constantly, thanks to lich.

I am not saying mages are bad, but I am a real convert to a well played group necro. You have an extremely versatile toolkit that is appropriate for almost any situation. Mages are much more one-sided - although, again, they are still strong, and imo underrated for groups, especially xp groups. And they are easier to play well.

Say this, perhaps: if you are getting a pug, the magician is more reliable, just because the class has obvious things to do that are done obviously. A necro is much harder to play to their maximum potential, but are incredibly useful when they are.
We don't really disagree. Necros are better if you play them full throttle, but my point is that very few Necros I've encountered are willing or capable of doing so. People who want to group and mash buttons constantly like a Bard usually don't roll Necros in the first place. A Magician is very easy to play to its full potential in a group, however, so the result is that 9/10 times a group is probably better off with a Mage over a Necro, with the 1/10 being the exceptional Necro who is willing and able to take full advantage of all his tools.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar is simply the best race for a Necromancer and there is no debate. The regen isn't game breaking, but its far better than +300 mana from higher intelligence. If you want to see through walls, burn a shrink potion.

Also, I agree with Vexenu: magician is one of the most underrated classes on the server. 2nd best DPS in XP groups (behind Enchanters and ahead of Rogues). Probably 3-4th best DPS on raids (behind Rogues, Bane Wizards, and Primal Monks but ahead of Rangers and Warriors). Malo is great. Damage shields are great. The epic pet is disgusting, and if we finally get Magi P'tasa fixed will be a lot more obtainable. Call of the Hero is unbelievable: you can pull mobs across the zone, skip trash, tank swap, save people from certain death, and split XP camps pretty well solo (with root nets). Fabumbus used to solo the hole and duo Juggernauts with Spitulski.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

This is so silly!! You are looking on the surface...but missing the greater deeper details of picking a class and game dynamics!!

Gnomes may not have your fancy pantsy regen....but gnomes do have something else even greater than gnome vision!!

You see, gnomes are powered by awesomeness and sunshine!! Because of that, they can inspire entire raids of people with gnome antics!!

Sure, an iksar is better at sitting down for an hour and being a mana battery for a raid. BUT a gnome can gnome during the raid!!! Making gnome conga lines!! Or doing other gnome things!!! Very important to keep moral of everyone high!! Way more important than a slight increase to efficiency in afk mana batterying.

Don't underestimate the hidden social aspects of the game!! Class choice and roleplaying (gnomes being one of the most awesome and best) is actually really strong.
Closed Thread