Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I owned both and am an unapologetic Nintendo fanboy who still plays his 8-bit NES regularly, but I can't say that I really have any memories of a single SNES game. My only impression is just kind of "blah."

Genesis, on the other hand, was black and dangerous and my parents disapproved. It had Bill Walsh and Joe Montana and that dolphin game where I never could beat the second level.

I vote SEGA.
Theres a browser based emulator on emuparadise that lets you play nes/gameboy and a couple other old systems from browser. Kinda nice to kill time at work playin some OG castlevania

No snes support yet though :/
Old 08-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sonic the hedgehog was sega's answer to Mario lolol, hold down right on the directional pad and listen to chiming of coins
I never finished any of the sonic games.. idk if it was hard or if i was just a bad

i did finish most of the old mario games tho, those def got hard with the secret worlds in some of em
Old 08-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3 rocked
Old 08-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

The Sega Genesis had way better beat 'em ups and arcade ports. Games like Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, X-Men II, Mortal Kombat, etc.

The SNES had way better RPGs and platformers. I put in a lot of hours on Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG.

What was better really depends on what you wanted out of the console. As a kid with two brothers, I think the Genesis was the better system for a multi-kid household.
Last edited by Sage Truthbearer; 08-08-2016 at 01:15 PM..
Old 08-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

only thing sega did right back in the day was game gear then gameboy finally came out with color 6 years later.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Sega was the cooler brand of the two, but it usually looked worse and Squaresoft was exclusively SNES. I had a sega and enjoyed the hell out shining forces, starflight, general chaos, streets of rage... But compared to F-zero, FF2/3, Secret of mana, Chrono trigger, Super Punch Out, etcetcetc. Sega just didn't have the titles to compete against Nintendo.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Toe Jam and Earl. /thread
Old 08-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

when i was 5 or 6 i got both a sega genesis and SNES for christmas.. my mom said i couldnt have both, so my dad made me choose one or the other. i ended up with a SNES and it was awesome.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3 rocked

I had a friend who thought the "piggy back" cartridge system from Sonic and Knuckles was the wave of the future. I always liked Sonic Spinball a pinball sonic game.

Sega was always into trying to port the arcade to home so the games were very different and this also is a reason why there is a huge lack of RPGs for the Genesis. Someone else said that the Genesis was the better couch co-op system and I tend to agree but I think overall the SNES had the better multiplayer experience. Nothing beat 4 player Mario Kart or Star Fox.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

False dichotomy. Classic is classic ^^