Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch&Sniff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we have one zone, that is pvp all the time.
Classic already has ya covered, buddy: http://moestaverne.com/p1999wiki/index.php/The_Arena

Have fun!
Old 01-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Aviak

Old school EQ was pvp balanced, maybe except for a Mage really. It was not until Vex Thall came out and people ended up with like 255 in all resists that casters didn't stand a chance at killing people. Then around pop wizards got lure spells(non resistible) that brought them back in the game. Tho enchanters and cleric had it the worst as far as pvp goes during the pop days.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

enc had it best during pop days, the ancient mes could not be resisted. Mes, nuke, mes, nuke, mes, nuke, mes, nuke. You couldn't get away unless you could instant exodus.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair enough karsten, but it's reasonable to suspect that pvp in the planes causes enough of a disadvantage for smaller, up-and-coming guilds that we would err on the side of caution and just not do it 100% of the time, regardless of the fact that there may be some small guilds (like yours) who would prefer it.
What made you think Karsten cares about small, up-and-coming guilds!? I'm fairly certain he doesn't give a shit.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enc had it best during pop days, the ancient mes could not be resisted. Mes, nuke, mes, nuke, mes, nuke, mes, nuke. You couldn't get away unless you could instant exodus.

I just remember enchanters nuking me for like 9 dmg even with tash. Mez was more or less annoying and if they tried to charm kill me with a pet (cancel magic or the wand thing, took care of pets easily enough, everyone ran around with those on Tallon). I felt like they had it ruff is all. Not trying to dis on the enchanters! They did get some killer pets and could easily catch people off guard.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

well after getting locked down by an enc a few times like this i always kept flame lick dot on myself in case one snuck up on me.

Oh the good ole days of Tallon Zek. Dummy buffing, doing /who like every 30sseconds, danger awaited you everywhere you went. was awesome!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
exactly how is one zone, PVP-only, classic?
In the same way that my necro being able to med at level 28 without staring at a spellbook is classic.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 01-10-2011 at 05:56 PM..
Old 01-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Kobold

All this balance talk, i thought i accidently found my way to a WoW forum or something.

The kind of people (for the most part) that play p99 are not pvp-oriented people. It's just the way it is. I only played on pvp servers on live, but there is no point in complaining about p99 not being pvp. Rogean and company are nice enough to serve the public, and that is what they want.

PoD is the stupidest thing ever. If you turn in that book you are estranged from the entire server. If all that turning that book in did was make me susceptible to being PK'd, i'd do it in a heartbeat. But if i turn in that book, I cannot raid, group, get buffs, give buffs, or do anything but sit in EC and wait for some one to try and kill me.

"turn in your book if you want pvp" is a retarded argument, you all should really stop using it.

Chris
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

"This server should be PvP because I said so" is just as ridiculous an argument, and yet, it's all over the place.

If there were enough like-minded people, you could turn in your books and life would be grand. There aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fohkure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this balance talk, i thought i accidently found my way to a WoW forum or something.

The kind of people (for the most part) that play p99 are not pvp-oriented people. It's just the way it is. I only played on pvp servers on live, but there is no point in complaining about p99 not being pvp. Rogean and company are nice enough to serve the public, and that is what they want.

PoD is the stupidest thing ever. If you turn in that book you are estranged from the entire server. If all that turning that book in did was make me susceptible to being PK'd, i'd do it in a heartbeat. But if i turn in that book, I cannot raid, group, get buffs, give buffs, or do anything but sit in EC and wait for some one to try and kill me.

"turn in your book if you want pvp" is a retarded argument, you all should really stop using it.

Chris
Want pvp? go to the arena, or start your own pvp server.
Closed Thread