Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 06:12 PM
Kobold

There is a specific area of the state that literally has a higher population of livestock than people. I'm there. The men are men. The livestock are scared.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by entruil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
clerics curing norrath 1 death at a time... praise it.
i'll pras it
Old 10-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Fire Giant

All this sweet talk about Clerics and why people decided to roll a Cleric and what being a Cleric has made them do in life...

I forgot what I was going to say cause I look at Swish's signature and the pink Cleric...
Old 10-26-2016, 10:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forgot what I was going to say cause I look at Swish's signature and the pink Cleric...
Old 10-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking that with the holidays coming up that I might have some more time to game and I thought about rolling a Cleric. Then I thought to myself that I must be fucking crazy?

I mean I see how it is now with people begging Druids and Shamans for SOWs and I want to be a Cleric? If I stick with the Cleric long enough then I'll be able to Rez people and I know I will be hated cause I'll be telling assholes to fuck off cause they will be begging me left and right for a Rez. Now, I can see giving someone a Rez from the lower 20 levels and up but I have seen people begging and whining for a Rez and they are only like level 10 and lower. So you died... Get your corpse and get back out there!

Now my characters have died before and I was lucky enough to have a higher level Cleric in the zone and yes, I requested a Rez and got one. But I, unlike many I have seen have always paid for a Rez. No matter what I have donated at least 100 to 300 platinum for the Rez.

Don't even get me started on what would happen if I was in a group and something goes wrong and we get wiped out. I already know everyone will be bitching at me saying how come I didn't save them, I'm the Cleric. You know what... Save this!

I have a lot of built up rage... Maybe I'll roll a Warrior instead.
no point playing a warrior if theres no cleric to heal you
Old 10-27-2016, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 setting new standards for sanity; anti-social behavior is the new litmus for mormalcy.
TIL that only socializing with people you like is actually "anti-social behavior" instead of "sanity."
Old 10-27-2016, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Aegolism
Increase Max Hitpoints by 1100
Increase AC by 54

Being able to dish out massive HP buffs like that is one reason I could see people enjoying the Cleric class.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Kobold

I do like being a cleric, in some regards. I enjoy the grouping and leveling experience. I enjoy that when we're roaming to our destination, and folks need heals, I can pop them off and keep running. There's a lot about it that is fun. And it's rewarding when the pull goes bad and you get a mess of mobs when you can do a lot of damage control, heal, and off-tank, too! LOL Clerics are fun! But, I had fun playing a rogue, enchanter, and necro, too... Never delved into a druid or a bard yet, but maybe on this server I will!
Old 10-27-2016, 08:52 PM
Orc

Clicked on this thread expecting a rant about how fucking boring this class is. Left disappointed.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

People who are intrinsic motivated play clerics.