Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue is the best class for grouping and this is why: DPS is always in demand. A group with a healer doesn't need another healer. A group with a tank doesn't need another tank. A group with CC or Buffing doesn't need more CC or Buffing. Groups are more than happy to have 3 rogues in them, however.
A group can consist of those three classes without DPS, however, 3 rogues alone wont get very far. Half the group will be these key classes with DPS filling in the remaining slots but can contain multiple tanks or CC focusing on DPS (enchanter will top the charts with a charmed pet). Granted, groups will not likely take a second healer to be DPS but I've seen plenty of groups toss a warrior in as DPS or have a pally and a SK. Tank/Healer/CC are usually always the classes in demand when trying to form a group from my experience.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A group can consist of those three classes without DPS, however, 3 rogues alone wont get very far. Half the group will be these key classes with DPS filling in the remaining slots but can contain multiple tanks or CC focusing on DPS (enchanter will top the charts with a charmed pet). Granted, groups will not likely take a second healer to be DPS but I've seen plenty of groups toss a warrior in as DPS or have a pally and a SK. Tank/Healer/CC are usually always the classes in demand when trying to form a group from my experience.
I didn't say 3 rogues alone would get far. If you're looking to group, a rogue is going to find way more opportunities than any other class. That's my point.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Wizard best choice
Old 11-11-2016, 07:10 AM
Fire Giant

A rogue isn't needed to make a group *function*, it's just there to increase DPS (by a good amount i admit). So people generally like to have rogues in a group, but only when the bare neccessities are taken care of. Healer + tank usually make the core of most groups (there are possibilities around this, but this is the proven most efficient way). Next there is CC. All healers can root, so they have some basic CC already... but often that's not enough. Only when those functions are present DPS becomes a favoured choice. But although rogue maybe the best pure DPS class, it's not the only option. Pet classes can DPS reasonably well and usually bring other abilities as well. A chanter who knows how to charm (or even a bard) can do a lot of DPS.

So, rogue isn't an obvious choice. Still it will usually work in areas that have enough groups.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

A rogue won't wait nearly as long for a spot to open up as any other class. If you don't believe me, go sit at the zone in of any popular grouping zone and see for yourself.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A rogue won't wait nearly as long for a spot to open up as any other class. If you don't believe me, go sit at the zone in of any popular grouping zone and see for yourself.

This is true in my experience. Every group only wants one tank and healer, but most groups will take multiple rogues or DPS.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Monk is a pretty solid choice. Dps that self heals and can pull. Can tank in a pinch if geared reasonably.

I never struggle to find groups on warriors.

Rangers people tend to avoid, even though I find them reasonably useful in groups.

Clerics... There seems to be an overabundance of healers levelling up at the moment. A good bet for healers is to go to popular monk solo spots and duo up.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Kobold

I love having a ranger in certain zones. High Keep for example. Splitting the Raider Room becomes trivial with a ranger in the group (or a druid, but the ranger is more likely to pull it himself)
Old 11-12-2016, 03:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard best choice
this. 6 wizards is even better.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

if u like sitting roll a cleric, the server always need more of them!
Closed Thread