Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused, why bother combining the bricks? Just sell it all straight to the vendor. The prices match so that you don't get more money from 1 regular brick than you do from 3 large bricks etc. Otherwise great suggestion, Permafrost is a great farming zone for melee/pet classes if you can sell in Halas and have weight bags. I would even suggest looting all the fine steel and bronze/ringmail as well.

Leveling up a character to make money from ports is a bad idea, unless you just also really want a wizard alt.
I think the idea of the combines is so you can carry more blocks (because of the assumption of the portable forge being taken to the dungeon)... I'm not sure if portable forges exist in p99 though?
Old 12-19-2016, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCrusader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fellow Norrathians,

I am contemplating creating a Dark Elf Wizard to join Dial-A-Port and try to get high enough to make money porting. Is this a viable solution to start a wizzy to be able to get some good plat on an account?

Also, I'm not looking at high end-raiding or min/maxing, so what stat allocation and deity choice would be the most benefit for this lifestyle? I'm aware Sol Ro gets the ability for the rings.

Thanks!
If you are really only doing this for porting, make a druid not a wizard.

Main reason is a druid can port + sow the traveler. I could go on with port loc's + buffs for the traveler, but I think sow is enough.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Porting for cash is nice, but really until you get to the higher levels it's not as glamorous. I have made 1.5k per hour porting before, but that was back before the change to allow ejacs from anywhere. Succors across SG have gotten me a lot, too (I got 4 rubies for 1 succor once before). Succor also takes a crapton of mana and is dangerous, though.

However, you will make a lot less unless you have all of the ports (CS/GD/WL/EJ/etc). Although I'd imagine porting to hate/sky would net you some nice plat. The amount of effort it takes to get to that point would pretty much negate the benefit.

There's a lot of good cash camps out there that are pally doable. Once you get 50+, you can camp seb, velks, etc... and make good plat.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are really only doing this for porting, make a druid not a wizard.

Main reason is a druid can port + sow the traveler. I could go on with port loc's + buffs for the traveler, but I think sow is enough.
Not to mention track. Made a lot of plat on my druid just by popping into zones to see if a named was up.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly where does one buy this portable forge? Isn't that SOL/POP stuff?
That's from the House of Thule expansion, I think?

I'm not sure where Rygar pulled up that advice but I don't think he's ever done it himself on this server. XD There are no portable forges in p99!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 12-19-2016, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

My wizard has never been asked to port to Sky or Hate.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to mention track. Made a lot of plat on my druid just by popping into zones to see if a named was up.
Plus you can be halfling and get dat dere exp bonus
Old 12-19-2016, 11:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCrusader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a suggestion on big camps for my trashcan fuckboy Paladin?
fungi king
Old 12-19-2016, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Can just solo camp Gazughi rings and sell at 5-6k a pop, mobs are level 15ish, just takes a while.

Also can solo camp Gobbie earrings, mobs are 25ish (?).

At 42, the FBSS camp is a decent grouping spot as well.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:53 PM
Banned

Oddly little known fact. Wizards can teleport you straight the qeynos hills. Wizards > druids for ports in many other ways too.
Closed Thread