Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

Stembolt!

Hey man, glad to hear that you are back. What character do you play regularly?

As far as guilds go, when I left KWSN, I went to Anonymous. Spent a large amount of time there, they were (and still are) good people. Carkle left the guild a long time ago and Fugues became guild leader... when he retired/left the game, Kiyarah took over, as far as I know she is still head honcho over there.

I left Anonymous after talking to Speedi pretty extensively about Rustle, and that's where I've been since. It's a laid back atmosphere for the most part, very casual. There is no raid percentage requirement for anything, so it's completely optional if you log in to participate in batphoned raids or not.

Carkle went to Kittens Who Say Meow, believe it or not, and apparently is having fun with them. I don't know much about the guild other than they are not ever in the RNF forum, unlike certain others.

Anyway, glad to see that you're back!
Old 06-19-2017, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dial a Port is king, Join them and rule the server!!
This is correct. We control the porting business, so thus, we control everything
Old 06-19-2017, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty clear to me, in his life 20% of those raids was too much of a priority. He wants to do what he wants when he wants to do it.
In terms of actual time invested physically playing? Doesn't sound that bad. When you consider the nature of raiding on p99 ... 20% of raids that could happen 24/7 whenever a bat phone goes off?

That's an awful lot of potential time to dedicate to pixelquest. Considering 10-12 hours of my waking time daily (5 days a week barring federal holidays and down days) is at work - add in another hour for transit to and from and doing shit like taking a shower ... and another 6-8 is sleep time that will not be interrupted to play EQ (I'm too old for that shit) - that leaves at worst 2-3 hours (10-15% of my 'time') any given day to play EQ. Yeah ... I and many others can't raid like that. We have jobs and families, and they come first. While I probably play plenty of total hours to raid in p99, carving out a few hours 2-3x a week is a far cry from being on call 24/7 just to hit that 20% as an app.

If you could just join the horde and be available when you're available ... slowly build some dkp to get something nice once in a blue moon ... that'd be much more reasonable.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-19-2017, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In terms of actual time invested physically playing? Doesn't sound that bad. When you consider the nature of raiding on p99 ... 20% of raids that could happen 24/7 whenever a bat phone goes off?

That's an awful lot of potential time to dedicate to pixelquest. Considering 10-12 hours of my waking time daily (5 days a week barring federal holidays and down days) is at work - add in another hour for transit to and from and doing shit like taking a shower ... and another 6-8 is sleep time that will not be interrupted to play EQ (I'm too old for that shit) - that leaves at worst 2-3 hours (10-15% of my 'time') any given day to play EQ. Yeah ... I and many others can't raid like that. We have jobs and families, and they come first. While I probably play plenty of total hours to raid in p99, carving out a few hours 2-3x a week is a far cry from being on call 24/7 just to hit that 20% as an app.

If you could just join the horde and be available when you're available ... slowly build some dkp to get something nice once in a blue moon ... that'd be much more reasonable.
This is a great post, something I personally haven't cared to elucidate against the forum trolls claiming 20% RA is only 3 hours a week /played.

Factor in wipe time (it happens), bad pulls, moving your character to and from raid targets, suddenly raiding is a part time job that's not on your schedule.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stembolt!

Hey man, glad to hear that you are back. What character do you play regularly?

As far as guilds go, when I left KWSN, I went to Anonymous. Spent a large amount of time there, they were (and still are) good people. Carkle left the guild a long time ago and Fugues became guild leader... when he retired/left the game, Kiyarah took over, as far as I know she is still head honcho over there.

I left Anonymous after talking to Speedi pretty extensively about Rustle, and that's where I've been since. It's a laid back atmosphere for the most part, very casual. There is no raid percentage requirement for anything, so it's completely optional if you log in to participate in batphoned raids or not.

Carkle went to Kittens Who Say Meow, believe it or not, and apparently is having fun with them. I don't know much about the guild other than they are not ever in the RNF forum, unlike certain others.

Anyway, glad to see that you're back!
Normally I log onto Stembolt when I want to check out the world, Useful or Bookmedder when I want to take on difficult targets with a team, and Unkiller usually just to rez folks and generally be helpful. So a bit of everything.

Funny I ran into Carkle and Scryos almost immediately upon logging in to help some players in Unrest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great post, something I personally haven't cared to elucidate against the forum trolls claiming 20% RA is only 3 hours a week /played.

Factor in wipe time (it happens), bad pulls, moving your character to and from raid targets, suddenly raiding is a part time job that's not on your schedule.
Exactly, it's the "maintanence" that takes all the time. Maxing resistances with BiS resist gear, keeping items recharged, getting to each location in advance. Helping other people get to the location when they're doing the same thing nearby. The 'kill' is normally a 0-60 acceleration, happens in seconds, it's the overhead that really dominates time.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saving this one for posterity. in a few weeks I expect to see the 20-30min time frame grow as pressure to engage early increases.
Pulled Aary in with 18 people last night. Fight lasted well over 30min but thats what happens when you do less with more.

Did i do that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty clear to me, in his life 20% of those raids was too much of a priority. He wants to do what he wants when he wants to do it.
Then raiding in EQ obviously isnt something he should have tried to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its going to be a big increase on the demand for your time and attention
It was actually a lot less of a demand. We went from needing 5-10 trackers / runners to just using 1 tracker. But you wouldn't know that since you bailed on an app process that is 10x easier than joining a raiding guild on live was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is exactly what you do unless you want to go hard core and be a tracker too. You can manually set what times you get bat phones and when you wont get alerts. This week for example i think the average time per raid was 20-30min for any batphone target. Some were killed in under 10min from spawn. If you pick the right targets you can reach the RA with 2-3 hours a month....
Old 06-21-2017, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was actually a lot less of a demand. We went from needing 5-10 trackers / runners to just using 1 tracker. But you wouldn't know that since you bailed on an app process that is 10x easier than joining a raiding guild on live was.
Great, I'm happy to hear it's easing the load on you guys. Hope you can get over the fact that I didn't want to stay.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:57 PM
Banned

He got out just in time to watch the downfall. Yea tracking was easier I will give you that.... but I got evidence of pure atrocious struggling in kunark. Which is silly in velious gear with 25+ ... How can one be that bad
Old 06-22-2017, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

It is a little tougher now on the casual leaning players in the hardcore guilds. Technically the pull and kill will be overwith a little quicker. For example Eashen will come straight in to camp and be dead in 5-10 minutes tops if all goes well. In the old ruleset the FTE would be locked and the attempt would take place sometimes 20-30 minutes after that while people filter in and buff up/get organized.

The main difference here is that in the old ruleset the non-tracking types began to curb their expectations on how long that set up process would take and many wouldn't bother logging in until they perceived the pull was about to take place. This happened for so long that people got really good at predicting these buffers in time. Now with the pull happening ASAP after the spawn, every raider in a hardcore guild is expected to be parked in specific spot, buffed, and be ready to make plays on the fly as soon as they hit Enter World.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He got out just in time to watch the downfall. Yea tracking was easier I will give you that.... but I got evidence of pure atrocious struggling in kunark. Which is silly in velious gear with 25+ ... How can one be that bad
Aww still stuck on track. Come back when rustle actually tries to instant engage something.

The idea that this is somehow going to destroy A/A just proves people have no idea what is going on.

I loved the people in rustle who didn't even know what LTK was last night. Keep up the good work merkk
Closed Thread