Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And as a response to your ninja edit, yes it may be for the sole purpose of grinding plat/camping items if the wizard is already 60.

I.e. it pays for itself

I totally agree with you here.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

But hey, I'll side with your argument if you can find me a manastone for under 70k.

Doing myself a disservice
Old 02-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You know, you're inflating the price of fungis the more you talk about it. If you recall, Fungi tunics were not that rare until a patch that came outlater in kunark reducing their drop rate. In addition, fungi tunics will most likely be on "lockdown" and they'll be farmed out the ass.

I would imagine that logical economics suggests, the more that are in circulation, the less the price.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know, you're inflating the price of fungis the more you talk about it. If you recall, Fungi tunics were not that rare until a patch that came outlater in kunark reducing their drop rate. In addition, fungi tunics will most likely be on "lockdown" and they'll be farmed out the ass.

I would imagine that logical economics suggests, the more that are in circulation, the less the price.
Yes the tunic was pretty common and the staff was the uncommon/rare iirc
Old 02-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's your problem, Fungi's don't circulate, they get handed down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, but that's what friends are for. And if no one is on, you can port to WC and run to tunnel for a heal. It's going to be much quicker than medding either way. And something tells me that a lot of quaders with manastones also live with "girlfriends" who play a healing class and don't talk much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And if all else fails, honestly bind wound is more than enough. If you're good at quadding, you only need enough health so that your movement isn't slowed.
Wizard/Druid: Have "girlfriend" (cleric with cheal) cook dinner AFK at druid/wizard ring. Quad in Kunark until oom, port to ring, manastone, cheal, manastone, cheal. Gate back to Kunark. Rinse. Repeat. Win.

Make sure you have a "girlfriend" who happens to play a cleric and likes to AFK a lot (a lot of the server seems to have these)
Old 02-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's your problem, Fungi's don't circulate, they get handed down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would imagine that at some point the demand for these from high-end players will reduce from trak BP's. Some of the melee BP's have heal on them (invigorate?) if i remember correctly (though at a 30sec cast time, i believe; therefore, i'm not sure of the efficiency).

Additionally, most of Fungi tunics value is based off hype and speculation. I mean, really, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. If the first one goes on sale at 100k but no one will pay more than 20k... I mean, as a buyer, it's your market. The power is yours to control the price before it gets ridiculous.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol that manastone aint gonna be worth squat pretty soon, pawn em off while ya can, same goes for the Rubicite BP.
says people that don't have manastones.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I would imagine that at some point the demand for these from high-end players will reduce from trak BP's. Some of the melee BP's have heal on them (invigorate?) if i remember correctly (though at a 30sec cast time, i believe; therefore, i'm not sure of the efficiency).

Additionally, most of Fungi tunics value is based off hype and speculation. I mean, really, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. If the first one goes on sale at 100k but no one will pay more than 20k... I mean, as a buyer, it's your market. The power is yours to control the price before it gets ridiculous.
What I'm saying is once you obtain a fungi, you never sell it, you pass it down to your next toon. Fungi velocity will be extremely low for this reason so you'll never experience an oversaturation in the market (until like 2500 are on the server...)
Old 02-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Maybe I should have posted this in the R&F section lol