Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What am I missing? How does the pet guard help?
It's just about getting distance on your pet before break. Allows you to hit with root or mez. Doesn't work well in all situations, such as tight dungeons. /pet sit would work as well, but sit can cause the pet to regen slightly quicker.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just about getting distance on your pet before break. Allows you to hit with root or mez. Doesn't work well in all situations, such as tight dungeons. /pet sit would work as well, but sit can cause the pet to regen slightly quicker.
Except the pet should already be in one place since it's fighting another mob. So what would you need to tell it to guard that spot for
Old 11-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except the pet should already be in one place since it's fighting another mob. So what would you need to tell it to guard that spot for
Right. This doesn't work how I charm. Charm is broken before other mob(s) is dead. I think many play it safe though.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right. This doesn't work how I charm. Charm is broken before other mob(s) is dead. I think many play it safe though.
So confused. If mob is fighting another mob, it will stay in place while fighting another mob. Therefore no guard command is needed. Once you break charm with invis, you have no control over the pet obviously so a guard command wouldn't work to keep it in place.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Charm pet kills mob. Charm pet just following you around. Guard the charmed pet and run away. Break and mez or root.

Maybe I missed part of the uninteresting story, but I think you are confused.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Charm pet kills mob. Charm pet just following you around. Guard the charmed pet and run away. Break and mez or root.

Maybe I missed part of the uninteresting story, but I think you are confused.
Quote:
You are the one making it confusing.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

What Meiva said. IF you are using INVIS to break ur own charm. the Pet guard helps. If its breaking during combat like others have said. You still still be as far as you can. If you can get an GCD item like telescope it will also help by allowing you to remez or root faster.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 11-11-2019, 03:31 PM
Aviak

I'm far from been an expert but I did grind out 24-26 solo and it was faster then what I was lvling in Guk.

Issue with a group is that some groups will rock on pulls, but you can also get a slow puller/spawn.

It feels like it's slower soloing because of down time, but I would see my exp bar move so much faster then sitting in a group.

I only have 140 CHA with buff and use the typical strategy. I Root enemy and Tash it then send in pet. Roughly at 10-15% I get far back and cast Inv and just go straight to Nuke which 80% of the time it results in them running. I then finish them off and deal with rooted mob after.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What Meiva said. IF you are using INVIS to break ur own charm. the Pet guard helps. If its breaking during combat like others have said. You still still be as far as you can. If you can get an GCD item like telescope it will also help by allowing you to remez or root faster.
Pet guard has no effect on anything as far as I can tell. Sick your pet on the other mob and then run backwards and you’ll be as far away as you can/need to be while the mob stays right where it was fighting the other mob. Pet guard not needed
Old 11-11-2019, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Cd288.. red OP orginal post. He talks about how he cast invis to break his charm (Aka killing a really Low hp Charmed pet for its xp, b4 charming another.) So it does. By pet guarding it then running a good distance this gives you time to nuke it or root it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or same thing say ur sitting and ur pet is guarding 20 ft from you means more time when it breaks, to stand and not take auto max hits[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Much more often, I'll end up around half health. Sometimes this is because of a random charm break. Mostly it's because, after casting invisibility to intentionally break the charm, the mob gets in a few hits before I can root, mez or kill it."
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Closed Thread