Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A server doesnt need more then 500-900 ppl on it, leave teal and green alone, teal doesnt want your seal team aids, we already got kingdom taking that spot
But then seal team and kingdom would have to deal with each other being aids. Seems worth to me.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hindsight is something you say after something happens when you didn't warn of it before as well. Not really applicable here. There were multiple people who said this would happen and happen quickly.

Last night it was like 750 or so on Green IIRC (fluctuated up and down through the hours of course).

Eh, it depends on where you go. If you're in the standard Blue leveling highway, then sure you can find groups (although I haven't seen many yard groups in Unrest). It's becoming tough to find groups off the beaten path now though; much harder to find a solid one in Befallen lately, Karana bandits are hit or miss, no one at BB Chessboard anymore or at the Bandit/Gob camps there besides soloers who don't want to take anyone else on, Derv and Orc Camps are usually empty, Highpass is about 50/50 (sometimes less) whether there will be a group there or not, etc. If your definition of great population is being able to almost always find groups only in the ZEM highway zones + Oasis, then sure it's great. But I think one of the big draws of a fresh server was seeing groups out in the world like the old days, which doesn't happen anymore with great frequency now that the pop has sunk.
I think people have just outleveled all the places you’ve named. I don’t think repopulating newbie zones is worth jamming all 1k characters above level 30 into half a dozen zones.

(Yes, I’m exaggerating.)

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 12-30-2019, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think people have just outleveled all the places you’ve named. I don’t think repopulating newbie zones is worth jamming all 1k characters above level 30 into half a dozen zones.

(Yes, I’m exaggerating.)

Imagine actively campaigning for Green/Teal to become end-game servers before end of life time.

Welcome to Blue... I mean Green.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine actively campaigning for Green/Teal to become end-game servers before end of life time.

Welcome to Blue... I mean Green.
So... are you going to force people to make alts or...?

Old 12-30-2019, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So... are you going to force people to make alts or...?
You already stated the solution: Merging servers will ensure under 30 zones are populated by merging.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You already stated the solution: Merging servers will ensure under 30 zones are populated by merging.
So... sacrifice playability for the majority of players so that there will be groups in unpopular low level zones?

Can't say that makes a lot of sense.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Us people who aren't seal and kingdom are catching up to them and are more and more having to deal with the toxic people more and more every day and are wondering why we decided this was a good idea to relive blue again. But that being said.. Kingdom is a lot less toxic than another guild I wont name on teal. But yeah lguk dead side, hhk, and even MM is starting to go downhill fast. People training for camps. Stealing mobs. Name calling. Thank goodness I can just go to underpopulated dungeons and live my life in peace with my slow, non drama exp.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Us people who aren't seal and kingdom are catching up to them and are more and more having to deal with the toxic people more and more every day

I've found things at the rarified levels to be quite convivial, even at big loot camps with the supposed server villains <Seal Team>. From what I've seen it's mainly the midlevel hordes were the shit tier people are; scrubs at the game, scrubs at the social scene. Most of the people whining about drama are the ones causing it; if everywhere you go there are assholes, most likely it is you that is the asshole.

We elite early 50s will look back on these days as a peaceful Golden Age, before the retard hordes arrived with their poor game play and even poorer attempts at rules lawyering.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
So... sacrifice playability for the majority of players so that there will be groups in unpopular low level zones?

Can't say that makes a lot of sense.
You sure your not on Red? You personally are not the majority as an individual.

Here's my claim: low population leveling zones result in it being difficult for the server to get new people or sustain it's population.

My proof will come in about... A month, month and a half when Teal's peak population dips below Blue.

If March comes and it has not happened I'll admit you're correct and most people currently playing are there for late game stuff, but if Teal's peak population dips below Blue I want you to admit that Teal is solidly dying.

Deal?

Edit: I also decided to check what % of the population is over 30, and it is not a vast majority of the population on Teal. At the moment of 517 players on Teal 252, or just under half, are between 30 and 50.
Last edited by Tilien; 12-30-2019 at 05:25 PM..
Old 12-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You sure your not on Red? You personally are not the majority as an individual.

Here's my claim: low population leveling zones result in it being difficult for the server to get new people or sustain it's population.

My proof will come in about... A month, month and a half when Teal's peak population dips below Blue.

If March comes and it has not happened I'll admit you're correct and most people currently playing are there for late game stuff, but if Teal's peak population dips below Blue I want you to admit that Teal is solidly dying.

Deal?

Edit: I also decided to check what % of the population is over 30, and it is not a vast majority of the population on Teal. At the moment of 517 players on Teal 252, or just under half, are between 30 and 50.
This got weird, quick. Find some other weirdo to make deals under your own obscure metrics with. Lol

Last edited by El-Hefe; 12-30-2019 at 06:55 PM..
Closed Thread