Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 07:35 AM
Aviak

The only people who are worried about a merge are the ones who are speculating or will have their existing blue investments mucked with.

Blue and Green will join like captain planet.
Old 12-24-2021, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not much of an alt-maker so all I see is what could be ahead of my current level, content-wise. An even more top heavy end game seems like it would disappoint me

So maybe it’s more a me problem
Yeah I mean I would t say it’s going to be even more top heavy. For one, by January 2023 green will be entirely top heavy even more than it already is. And then most of the people who are close to or at max level on green right now are the same people at the top on blue so it’s not an influx of brand new top heavy players
Old 12-24-2021, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green would be the new red
I’ve said before on this forum that I think it would be cool to be asked to come raid because there isn’t enough people online to kill something

The end game population shrinking far enough for that to occur seems a long way off

Right now what I hear in guild chat goes like this:

“Hey [x] raid target is up, who wants to come kill it?”
[people begin volunteering and forming into groups]

[20 seconds later…] “nm it’s dead”

I’ve seen that same scenario repeated multiple times in a night where targets die less than 2 minutes after spawning, the last time was around 1:30am last night

Dead end game? Gonna take a while for that it seems
Old 12-24-2021, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve said before on this forum that I think it would be cool to be asked to come raid because there isn’t enough people online to kill something

The end game population shrinking far enough for that to occur seems a long way off

Right now what I hear in guild chat goes like this:

“Hey [x] raid target is up, who wants to come kill it?”
[people begin volunteering and forming into groups]

[20 seconds later…] “nm it’s dead”

I’ve seen that same scenario repeated multiple times in a night where targets die less than 2 minutes after spawning, the last time was around 1:30am last night

Dead end game? Gonna take a while for that it seems
Yeah dead end game will never happen. I mean look what’s happening on Green, it’s the same hardcore raiders from Blue doing the same raids on two different servers. When you’re locked through two expansions the top guilds never move on to newer targets
Old 12-24-2021, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah dead end game will never happen. I mean look what’s happening on Green, it’s the same hardcore raiders from Blue doing the same raids on two different servers. When you’re locked through two expansions the top guilds never move on to newer targets
Ya the more I learn about the end game the more it disappoints. But I can’t say it was a surprise, people had been warning me on the forum for years

It seems that after killing a named raid mob the uber guilds will just set a timer to know the second it will spawn again, and then just leave their char logged out right at that spot, ready to log it on a minute before it spawns. Leaving their char logged out for like a week doesn’t affect them, because they have multiple max or near-max level chars

Even bosses like some dragons that require lower levels (51 or less I believe?) can’t be killed by newer players because the uber guilds have alts permanently kept at those levels where that dragon spawns, logged out with a timer running

So maybe I should start getting more into alt-making…
Old 12-24-2021, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Ya the more I learn about the end game the more it disappoints. But I can’t say it was a surprise, people had been warning me on the forum for years

It seems that after killing a named raid mob the uber guilds will just set a timer to know the second it will spawn again, and then just leave their char logged out right at that spot, ready to log it on a minute before it spawns. Leaving their char logged out for like a week doesn’t affect them, because they have multiple max or near-max level chars

Even bosses like some dragons that require lower levels (51 or less I believe?) can’t be killed by newer players because the uber guilds have alts permanently kept at those levels where that dragon spawns, logged out with a timer running

Oh no my boy. They know when the boss enters the time window when it can spawn. Then they or someone else in their guild tracks the boss using track or being there or looking at someone's stream of them being there. This usually takes many hours and eventually once the boss pops they alert everyone in guild and on discord, people log on and kill the target in seconds.

So yeah, it's even LESS fun than had imagined.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

It's not nearly as bad as you make it out to sound. For instance, Vox and Naggy aren't even major targets for guilds in Velious, so smaller guilds have a much better chance of getting them now.

But when talking about any raid mob here, you have to remember that Rogean and Nilbog want things to require unclassic levels of effort ... because we have unclassic amounts of raid players here vs. live, and the only other way to solve that would be with unclassic instancing or unclassic rotations.

And thankfully, while they used to be purely about the unclassic effort (ie. "competition") solution back in the day (which led to one raid guild monopolizing all top-end raiding for years), they've since started mixing in rotations (eg. "bag limits"). Quite honestly, raiding on P99 is better now than it was years ago ... unless you were in TMO years ago.

P.S. One thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that the Green-Blue merge will coincide with a brand new Green 2.0 server. No one knows if they'll be staggered or happen at the same time, but the point is very soon a new server will open up, and that giant mess of Blue-Green players are going to largely abandon "new merged Blue" to play on Green 2.0.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not nearly as bad as you make it out to sound. For instance, Vox and Naggy aren't even major targets for guilds in Velious, so smaller guilds have a much better chance of getting them now
I've only paid attention to one Vox kill, but from what I heard one of the top 2 guilds on the server had a small army of level 51 or 52 chars with their epics (I'm guessing that meant it was an alt of someone's) logged out near her, and they got her less than a minute or so after she spawned

But that was just one kill, maybe interest will wane over time
Old 12-24-2021, 02:07 PM
Banned

do firiona vie

do full on hardcore trivial loot code

do pvp

no pnp

allow kill stealing

sullun zek rules

that is the only way to revive deadquest outside of just a nostalgia wall simulator

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-24-2021, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

I hope they don’t do green 2.0 right away. I would love to have awhile where there is just one server with a very healthy population as opposed to two low population servers. Don’t get me wrong to a certain extent it’s nice to be able to basically do whatever you want because the pop is low, but it just feels empty and not like a true EQ experience.

I also think that delaying Green 2.0 for a bit will help get a large population on that server when it restarts. Let the anticipation build and let people get back into the mode of being excited to start fresh after they’ve played on the merged server for a bit.
Closed Thread