Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 03-06-2022, 10:57 PM
Kobold

Does dot damage text show up on red? Or a pet window? Just wondering
Old 03-07-2022, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You clearly never played on Red, it's a fucking cesspool, it's not a few bad apples, it's more like a pool of radioactive shit you would have to dive through to find one good apple.

The majority would scream racial slurs all day if they weren't monitored constantly, over 70% are actively trying to either run showEQ, MQ, or multibox. Any rules put into place become a constant lobbyquest to GM's where you have to sift through rivers of lies to find out who is framing who.

All you blues and greens wanna claim it's the same as red yet red remains the GM Afghanistan, claiming at least 3 GM's and 1 dev.
Yea, "clearly". I played on red for a long time, 60 epic monk (Quota), rogue (Duvain), warrior (Ecbert), non epic bard (Encore), epic cleric (Benedict), among some other 50+ toons. I was in Holocaust/Empire, Tempest, Apex, some other guilds.

Red was a million times more fun than blue/green ever were for someone like me who was never one of the "popular" people who always blew up OOC with bs or trolled people. Just my opinion.

I enjoyed the PvE mostly with the extra aspec of PvP to keep you on your toes or switch things up a bit. It adds a nice dynamic to the game instead of just sitting in EC tunnel all day.
Old 03-07-2022, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Having fought far too many sonic bats solo and uncontested �� �� and recently hit 56 for the trouble I’d be happy to lose all that progress for a fresh start.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-07-2022, 01:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, "clearly". I played on red for a long time, 60 epic monk (Quota), rogue (Duvain), warrior (Ecbert), non epic bard (Encore), epic cleric (Benedict), among some other 50+ toons. I was in Holocaust/Empire, Tempest, Apex, some other guilds.

Red was a million times more fun than blue/green ever were for someone like me who was never one of the "popular" people who always blew up OOC with bs or trolled people. Just my opinion.

I enjoyed the PvE mostly with the extra aspec of PvP to keep you on your toes or switch things up a bit. It adds a nice dynamic to the game instead of just sitting in EC tunnel all day.
Yeah, other than pvp anxiety I'm really not sure what would keep people from Red.

PVP is obnoxuous when provoked by someone uninterested in your camp and just seeking to waste 20 minutes CR from your day. However its great fun when guilds are contesting raid mobs and a quick solution to camp disputes, often resulting in a weaker stomached player fleeing to do whatever their second choice is.

Overall a nice server that could honestly be over ran with the "civilized" blue folk if a consolidated effort were made. Then you could hire sherrifs and lay bounties on grieves such as 30 days LNS enforcement upon sight.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You clearly never played on Red, it's a fucking cesspool, it's not a few bad apples, it's more like a pool of radioactive shit you would have to dive through to find one good apple.

The majority would scream racial slurs all day if they weren't monitored constantly, over 70% are actively trying to either run showEQ, MQ, or multibox. Any rules put into place become a constant lobbyquest to GM's where you have to sift through rivers of lies to find out who is framing who.

All you blues and greens wanna claim it's the same as red yet red remains the GM Afghanistan, claiming at least 3 GM's and 1 dev.
Not my experience. There are some sadist who seemingly only enjoy preventing enjoyment for others but I feel the vast majority are there with a pve agenda, simply valuing pvp as an accessory and tool to what is already a good game.

PVP is why my gear has value beyond the journey of acquiring. That is everything.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekbringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not my experience. There are some sadist who seemingly only enjoy preventing enjoyment for others but I feel the vast majority are there with a pve agenda, simply valuing pvp as an accessory and tool to what is already a good game.

PVP is why my gear has value beyond the journey of acquiring. That is everything.
Well said, exactly how I feel.
Old 03-07-2022, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like a lot of sane people came out of the wood work to comment on this thread. Very encouraging.

For a PVP server to be the way I always hope, there needs to be a lot of non psychopaths that just like EQ and aren't specifically on PVP just to murder other players.

It provides gear value as mentioned, a healthy solution to camp disputes, and lots of other things.

Best case scenario is that they announce red 2.0 will launch in 4 years when everyone is super sick of blue and green and they also state that a new blue or green won't be made for another 10 years, so anyone with half a brain is on red 2.0 making non PK guilds and crap and it can be the best eq pvp server since original rallos.

Just' dreaming.

hopefully they don't surprise launch the server overnight giving no one time to plan to play it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:

This is an accurate description of red. I have a hard time remembering a more toxic environnment, maybe dethecus during wow classic comes close but still not there. Thats why the server will fail if they dont pre-empt the kind of trouble that was described to the devs once again (just like during the weeks following launch, which they failed to act upon) on a silver platter if they only cared to read.

I mean even the staff is toxic, in its own way. Saying youre launching a new red server 2 years ago then closing the info faucet and not even commenting on a 100+ page thread wondering if we are ever going to see 2.0., using the toxic elements they fostered by not acting up on feedback as a cop-out and pretext to treat the community poorly.

Who the fuck does that kind of shit?
Old 03-07-2022, 10:55 PM
Fire Giant

TLDR the reason we won’t ever is because of the “tradesonred” and “new_guy”’s of the world. They troll anything and everything they can here with no intention to play etc only to be toxic on a forum
Old 03-08-2022, 12:04 AM
Banned

New Guy is like the Ghost of R99. Watch out for him. He'll come outta no where and pvp u even on green99.