Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

http://youtu.be/frYtU50Av9w?t=10s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Hasbinbad, there is defending your guild and then there is a one sided superlative. Frankly I don't even know the target audience that your defense is even directed towards. The current raiding scene which no longer involves any of the history that you condemn everyone to repeat has been fairly straightforward and you and I both know that. Most of the recent accusations have been cast by the P99 population at large, so if you are addressing the entire population of the server to, "Eat a dick," I refer you to what your own guildmates, Razdeline and even Xzerion, said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razdeline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server is a really good project, the vast majority here are better than any live server I have played on. I really do believe that P99 is a proven concept of an MMO industry that has turned too care-bear -- and that people enjoyed how it was back then compared to now.

If anything, people should spend most of their energy trying to get more people to play here, and to help out the players. Rather than tear it apart from the inside out.
Out of this entire thread this is about the only thing that matters.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Sarnak

I want Hasbinbad to write history for other stuff too. Honest, I enjoyed reading the whole thing, even though I sit on the fence with IB/TR/Everyone crying about everything. Are there people with tin foil hats? For sure. Do I think all of the high end guilds are cheating? Probably not. I think you all have each other's cell phones and text storm as soon as someone's Trakanon-egg-timer goes off, which isn't cheating. (I'm not being sarcastic)

Bort showed up in his fancy robe in Fear yesterday almost as soon as my guild got there. I think if there was blatant/consistent cheating, there would be more proof and bans handed out.

I don't know many people in TR, and I'm not a hardcore raider, but it's been entertaining to watch everyone go at it. It's kind of like hobo fights but I don't have to sneak out at 2am, pay five dollars and shower when the match is over.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

This servers lore is epic yet stupid at the same time.

It's a nonstop cycle of powerguilds claim at a stat that really cannot be measured, and all of the drama that they drag the community through.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Banned

wow hasbinbad is a huge nerd for typing all of that about a 12 year old game that 500 people play

no one gives a fuck
Old 07-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

^fat
Old 07-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Dark Suspension

Yet another case of the crow calling the raven black.

The most training, suspect engagements, KSing, and general shitbaggery I’ve ever seen was Failbait and the early days of Dark Suspension. Between RallyD crashing zones and directing this crew to KS and then ninjaloot Maestro, and Raren etc. duping and duping and duping, I believe Dark Ascension earned their monniker of Dark Suspension many times over. Raren? Check. RallyD? Check. Koota? Check. Modus? Check. Spawn timers? Check. Dupes? Check. Guild-approved ShowEQ? Check. Guild-approved MQ? Check. All documented and reported with results from the GM staff.

Doctored screenshots of first-to-fifteen anyone? Anyone?

Of course, that didn’t stop me from joining them whilst on my hiatus from the IB crew, because they were #2, and I wanted to fucking raid, but it’s true nonetheless. While I was in DA, I heard more talk about how we should train and ks etc. at every chance than I’ve ever heard in any game ever. Besides the rule breaking, I never witnessed any specific overt cheating (dupes, 3rd party, etc.), except after the fact when certain people were banned or suspended. They kept their talk of cheats to a select crew of people in the upper echelons, but we all knew what was happening. Several of DA and I did our best to speak out against cheating, but it did no good. When I made my infamous anti-military post and was summarily discharged from DA, I was 2 shakes from officership (many can vouch, durpison is an easily manipulated thrall who had the good fortune of being a figurehead at the right time when a mass exodus from the failbait occured.. he was always looked at as a joke, has very little skill or knowledge, and was basically the accidental “leader” of DA who accomplished very little leadership), and it was my intention to help those guys clean house. C’est la vie.

From duping and training, to ninjalooting and the guild sanctioning the use of 3rd party programs, to scamming and kill-stealing, and even mass recruiting in the EC tunnel, this crew of people is basically guilty of every major sin in the mmo community. It has all been well-documented, and many, many repercussions have been visited on individual members and the guild as a whole. It is very telling that those who have had GM interventions on their accounts have been kept in the DA crew or kicked briefly and welcomed back. Very telling indeed.

I only wonder how much shit they’ve gotten away with that nobody knows about.
Just in case anyone skipped the entire wall of text I wish to remind everyone about the worst guild in P99 history. Why are some of DA still allowed to play? I guess we'll never know.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just in case anyone skipped the entire wall of text I wish to remind everyone about the worst guild in P99 history. Why are some of DA still allowed to play? I guess we'll never know.
What I really wanna know is the story behind your overboard hate for DA. Not that I disagree with it, I'm just curious WHY you let the guild bother you so much. You take the phrase "r u mad brew?!?" to a new level.

I find it somewhat amuzing that your virtual life consists of revenge on Dark Ascensions reputation... something nobody gives two shits about anymore but you.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I really wanna know is the story behind your overboard hate for DA. Not that I disagree with it, I'm just curious WHY you let the guild bother you so much. You take the phrase "r u mad brew?!?" to a new level.

I find it somewhat amuzing that your virtual life consists of revenge on Dark Ascensions reputation... something nobody gives two shits about anymore but you.
He's a self-loathing homosexual narcissist. It explains everything.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Banned

I despise cheaters, that and people who get away with shit.
Closed Thread