Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-26-2010, 06:32 PM
VIP / Contributor

I've got a client like this. It's EQ Titanium with no files needed to load other than the classic zones, human models, and other things needed to load. It's about 300mb in size.

Shame I can't share it, but I can get a diff from a titanium install and tell you what files to change/remove.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:18 PM
VIP / Contributor

Just did some more gutting, haha.

376 MB (395,261,489 bytes) EQ Client
Old 03-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Aviak

A file list would be awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] would love to do this on mine
Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Fire Giant

Wow, okay, I'm jealous. Would it be cool to list the files that should be kept (i.e. in text)? Particularly the eqg and s3d files?

I can probably get it done myself, but there would be some guesswork involved.

I must say that Project 1999 on my keychain is just too cool.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

I'm guessing certain sound files could be deleted as well, like zone specific music?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:24 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, okay, I'm jealous. Would it be cool to list the files that should be kept (i.e. in text)? Particularly the eqg and s3d files?

I can probably get it done myself, but there would be some guesswork involved.

I must say that Project 1999 on my keychain is just too cool.
Delete mostly everything except for the text files, global_obj.s3d, global_chr.s3d, all the xmi files, bmpwad8.s3d, all the DLLs, eqgame.exe, and all of the zone_obj.s3d files minus the ones that you are not using.

Everything else, minus the ui folder, sky folder, resources folder, spell effects folder, and enveffects folder, can be deleted safely. To save RAM usage, open Resources/GlobalLoad.txt and make it look like
Code:
(3,1,TFFFC,Global_chr,Loading Characters)
You may also need to empty the GlobalLoad_chr.txt file, but keep it empty (do not delete it.)

If you get a file missing message, check Logs/dbg.txt and see where the error is. If it's a zone file missing, the client will output the name of it.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:24 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm guessing certain sound files could be deleted as well, like zone specific music?
All of the mp3s can be deleted safely. Same with the wav files.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Delete mostly everything except for the text files, global_obj.s3d, global_chr.s3d, all the xmi files, bmpwad8.s3d, all the DLLs, eqgame.exe, and all of the zone_obj.s3d files minus the ones that you are not using.
Just to be sure - don't you mean minus the ones you ARE using? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may also need to empty the GlobalLoad_chr.txt file, but keep it empty (do not delete it.)
Hmm. I don't even have this file.

This is a huge help - thanks again!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to be sure - don't you mean minus the ones you ARE using? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hmm. I don't even have this file.

This is a huge help - thanks again!
No, I mean the zone_obj files you are *NOT* using. The obj files are required to load the zone.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Just did some more gutting, haha.

376 MB (395,261,489 bytes) EQ Client
Whoa, that's pretty damn good Secrets! I actually did something similar a few days ago, but I only got it down to 1.6gb since I'm not exactly sure about some of the abbreviations for all the zone files.

What're the *.pfs files for? Is there any site available that lists which files relate to which zone?
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 03-26-2010 at 10:19 PM..