Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghnar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You ask the question as if it were the military members who were the ones with the problem with gays. They were not. I sure didn't give a shit for my entire 22 years in the military. The vast majority were over it long ago and actually knew and followed the entire law which was DADTDP (Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Pursue). But of course the folks who continue to conflate the actions of politicians with the wishes of the military members (e.g. the OP), conveniently always omitted the DP because it didn't fit with their personal warped vision of the military. Sure there were a bunch of shit heel Marines and Soldiers who said the had a problem with it in surveys, and there will always be shit heels who treat gays, minorities, women, etc. like shit because they are narrow minded assholes. Fortunately for the vast majority there will always be rules that allow the military the latitude to drop those assholes off at the Greyhound with a ticket home when their inability to tolerate negatively affects good order and discipline. I suggest you pose the question to the intolerant asshole politicians who stuck the military with a shitty rule to enforce.
I read this earlier and was gonna respond in typical Hasbinbad fashion, but then I realized that you just missed the point of what I was asking. Basically the news media has portrayed many "right wing" people as being opposed to DADTDP (thank you for that info, it was simple ignorance that caused me to omit the DP [I'm usually all about DP, amirite Karsten?{Karsten's dad totally owns a dealership}]) for reasons of morale in the ranks (the whole "gays having your back" portrayal), as well as using moral grounds to argue against it.. So I was wondering what it's really like "on the ground" so to speak. Is there a backlash? Is it an issue?

Just curious bro.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, im asking if its causing all the problems homophobic people predicted..
Everyone in the military already knew who all the gay people were.... and we didn't care
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

It's funny that a lot of the people that characterize the military as racist, homophobic, and ignorant are in so doing engaged in the process of mass-generalization. Something to think about.

PS: DADTDP was a retarded policy that reflected the fact that everyone realized gay people could serve equally well in the military, but nobody really wanted to deal with the idea of gay people joining the military. At least with good, old fashioned bigotry, there was skepticism over the capabilities of the persecuted. DADT was pretty much a policy of "fine, you're equal, but ewwww".
Old 09-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Banned

My history in boot camp, when talking about DADT, DI's would say that they wouldn't want a faggot behind them in battle, then they would have to watch out for the enemy and the queer behind them.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofqueens123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My history in boot camp, when talking about DADT, DI's would say that they wouldn't want a faggot behind them in battle, then they would have to watch out for the enemy and the queer behind them.
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q65KZIqay4E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-30-2011, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Wiseau [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its 2011 and gays are only just able to enlist in the United States military

i hate this country so fucking much
You can leave whenever you want. No one's stopping you. If you have an associates you can get a work visa teaching English somewhere "better" at the very least.

Also gays have been able to enlist in the military, I'm not sure if you realize what DADT entails.

lol wut
Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can leave whenever you want. No one's stopping you. If you have an associates you can get a work visa teaching English somewhere "better" at the very least.

Also gays have been able to enlist in the military, I'm not sure if you realize what DADT entails.
Believe it or not, it is not trivial to emigrate from the US permanently. Other countries view us as unskilled brats. Our public education is regarded by the world worse than a degree from U of Phoenix. You might have learned this had you ever bothered to explore your options rather than buying into Uncle Sam's propaganda. The fact that you put the developed world's superiority in scare quotes is pretty laughable - have you seen the state of the USA in the last 10 years? Have you been to the South, or Texas?

I've been trapped in our pyramid-scheme higher ed system for 3 years, but don't worry, I'll be out of your hair shortly. I'm fortunate enough to have a family willing to front the cash for the massive amount in loans I was manipulated into taking out from the US government when I was a child, so I've got an edge on the rest of the fresh, desperate college graduates trying to escape a similar nightmare. Of course, there's no real guarantee I won't be seeing you out-of-control assholes again when you start a war of aggression with whatever state I emigrate to.

As for DADT, gays have not been able to enlist with freedoms equal to heterosexuals until 2011. But hey, why quibble over little details? Gays were perfectly free to live in secret, hide their SOs from all colleagues, and never enjoy the financial protections offered by marriage. That's in the Bible, right?
Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Aviak

This country hates you too Tommy.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Banned

Tommy is mad that America beat him up as a kid. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Wiseau [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gays were perfectly free to live in secret, hide their SOs from all colleagues, and never enjoy the financial protections offered by marriage. That's in the Bible, right?
Leviticus 20:13

New International Version (NIV)

13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

The Old Testament has a lot of scriptures that exhort killing homosexuals. Oh well.
Closed Thread