Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level/stats/items are part of it, but another part of it is knowing your class and knowing the game mechanics. No server ranking system will ever be able to measure that.

I'd rather group/raid with a level 45 dude with mediocre equipment that knows how to play, than a level 50 dude with uber equipment that can't play for shit. I'm pretty sure everyone feels the same way. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
very good point.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the level 50 dude with uber equipment has a 5500GS, and does 5k dps!
Which is an effective DPS of zero if he's dead all the time because he can't pull right or wipes the group because he keeps smacking mezzed mobs or whatever other trainwreck his lack of skill will eventually cause. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

When I play my cleric I'll ask the tank how much hp he has.. but that's just for CH vs Sup heal purposes. It's only later that I judge you =p
Old 04-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I play my cleric I'll ask the tank how much hp he has.. but that's just for CH vs Sup heal purposes. It's only later that I judge you =p
What a novel idea. It was all too often on live that I felt the urge to instruct a cleric on who to cheal (me).
Old 04-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

#1 Krumper on p99: Hasbinbad
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

i know that clown . its krusty !
Old 04-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

I think people clearly meant a ranking system on measurable stats, and not "skill" or other subjective factors. I mean, you can't measure how good a player is at playing since play style is a matter of opinion, so why would anyone even bring that up in this post? Thats like me strolling in here and assuming what they really want is a ranking system that evaluates us by how yummy we think cookies are...
Old 04-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think people clearly meant a ranking system on measurable stats
Soo, some rogue would be higher in rank than me coz he has 189+ str? That's kinda dumb coz 188 is the best option given availability of shaman buffs..
Old 04-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soo, some rogue would be higher in rank than me coz he has 189+ str? That's kinda dumb coz 188 is the best option given availability of shaman buffs..
I believe Magelo was sorted on HP by default.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Purely to compare stats, resists, hp and mana I completely agree withyou in order to have benchmarks to shoot for. The only problem with that is the fact that we are dealing with classic vanilla eq gear. Just about everybody I know has at least a bag or 2 of different gear that they use for different purposes.

Sure I can get my charisma or magic resist up super high but it comes at the cost of a ton of hitpoints and mana. In modern eq each item has like a bijillion of each stat so u only swap out to permanently upgrade. Long story short, it can be useful but we will most likely end up seeing extremely unrealistic stats on the charts.
Closed Thread