Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO not enough info available atm to validate the new changes to the effect.
Either way... were boned until next patch which could be months away.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

In the mean time send all Pods of Seawater and Pulsating Green Stones to Daldaen!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...=38415&page=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As shown by posts in other threads, the dot damage nerf is here to stay for the stated lifespan of the server. The root/snare not stacking will be removed a little bit after velious.
If the mechanics are slated to stay the way they are currently, well, [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 02-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...=38415&page=11

If the mechanics are slated to stay the way they are currently, well, [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Not a relevant post.
The Druid epic was a dot that had a snare effect. It was never a snare with a dot effect.
It was a different mechanism completely.

Bottom line is on live it never got overwritten by Root. Period.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a relevant post.
The Druid epic was a dot that had a snare effect. It was never a snare with a dot effect.
It was a different mechanism completely.

Bottom line is on live it never got overwritten by Root. Period.
Not disagreeing with you, only going off of kanras' post claiming that it shared the same snare effect slot for root and thus adhering to the same root/snare mechanics that are already in place. If it's going to stay that way until Velious is released here, then that is quite unfortunate for epic druids. Hopefully more evidence can be brought forth to show this was not the case on live.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
epics were released September 19, 2000 http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2000-2.html

"The first Druid epic (1.0) was obtained on the Mithanial Marr server by Sobe Silvertree of the guild Afterlife."
Wednesday November 15, 2000 (just weeks before velious came out)
http://www.afterlifeguild.org/templa...ndex_jun_dec00

January 9, 2001 3:00 am
*Root and Snare*
Root-type spells and "snare" type spells now use a separate spell
effect. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2001-1.html

That's a stupidly small window to be able to find any real evidence (or evidence thereof). But just since this thread is missing links to work off of I decided to post that. I'll try to help look when I've got more free time.
Bump. Can we get any insight as to whether this will be changed soon (next patch perhaps?) according to timeline, and not shortly after velious as quoted in the other post?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

Bump on this thread. Fact is, druids on live only had a 1-2 month window TOPS where epic click didn't stack with root. We may be looking at a full year where this isn't implemented on P99 according to what Kanras has said previous. If we're truly going to wait until after velious to implement a change on Wrath of Nature because it's being lumped in with all other root/snare stack issues (not really evidence the epic was affected by this mechanic), then druids here are getting the short end of the stick. I mean, I can live with it I guess, and bumping mainly in hopes someone can find/add some additional evidence to shed more light on this!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump on this thread. Fact is, druids on live only had a 1-2 month window TOPS where epic click didn't stack with root. We may be looking at a full year where this isn't implemented on P99 according to what Kanras has said previous. If we're truly going to wait until after velious to implement a change on Wrath of Nature because it's being lumped in with all other root/snare stack issues (not really evidence the epic was affected by this mechanic), then druids here are getting the short end of the stick. I mean, I can live with it I guess, and bumping mainly in hopes someone can find/add some additional evidence to shed more light on this!
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the mean time send all Pods of Seawater and Pulsating Green Stones to Daldaen!
And this also please.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I will agree with this.
I was a druid on live with an epic (I got mine before Velious, late Kunark, bc pods were MUCH more rare on live), and I don't remember having problems with it stacking with root. I only remember it not stacking with Necro epic, it overrode snare/darkness lines.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 AM
Fire Giant

Could we also have revamped planes and other cool shit that velious brought, before actually releasing velious?