Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloinz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also mobs find help and then continue fleeing causing massive trains. usually when mobs have a friend with them (2v1) they will fight reengage the fight until one of them die.
How it works on live now (and how I recall it in classic) is:

Fighting Mob A, drops to 20%, flees, paths by Mob B who aggros on you, it continues to flee.

However:

Fighting Mob A, drops to 25%, Mob B aggros on you, drops to 20%... doesn't flee because 2 are on aggro.

IE you need to aggro the mob before it reaches flee health for it to stand its ground. Once flee has been activated, nothing will stop it other than snare / root / death. Which is what made trains so deadly.

So no it shouldn't stop and fight you once a 2nd mob gets on your aggro list if it was already fleeing...
Old 04-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

Soloing was possible without snare both in Sebilis and in Sol B. The trick was to leave enough room for you to kill the mob before it spread aggro. Pulling up the zone in ramp in Seb, or to LS zone in Sol B would pretty reliably allow my monk to kill fleeing mobs.

The actual mechanic of mob fear seems to be at least part of the issue here. On live servers, it was possible to chase mobs under the effect of fear/intimidate/instill doubt and hit them maybe half the time. On this server, mob flight is too fast / too erratic.

By comparison, fear'd mobs on Red99 simply cannot be hit by melee. Server latency and client range checking pretty much guarantee that mobs will be too far to hit.
Last edited by Vohl; 04-22-2012 at 02:52 PM..
Old 04-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of the issue in Sebilis was that almost every mob had SoW. Not sure if that's taken into account in the code.
how about fixing mobs sowing indoors ....they never sowed indoors on live and as i recall outdoor mobs never sowed other mobs around them just themselves.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Sarnak

Mob flee speed has gone from one extreme to another. It seems like the devs treated all zones the same when dealing with mob flee, where in actuality the mechanic varied from zone to zone. I dont recall that mobs were sowed in sebilis because it was an indoor zone. I think the zone Rogean is thinking of is Trakanon's Teeth. Bumping this for importance and great sympathy for still leveling players...this flee mechanic at it's current state destroys many different once viable xp strategies and soloing opportunities.
Last edited by Fountree; 04-25-2012 at 10:52 AM..
Old 04-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

My buddy just PM'd me ( 58 geared to teeth monk) he mentioned that he can barely kill anything in Droga due to all the GREEN frogs assisting eachother. This is def not classic. Frogs or any mob for that matter did not have a deathwish even back in the 90's/00's when the economy was booming
52 Monk Happytime
Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Thats intended, getting to the good camps in droga was a mission in itself.

Glad it was changed, a bit bummed out about the running speed though of non-sowed mobs.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Mobs could always SoW inside. They don't need to abide by those restrictions on their spell casting.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs could always SoW inside. They don't need to abide by those restrictions on their spell casting.
While mobs could cast SoW indoors, there is some doubt about them casting it on other mobs.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't pay much attention do you? Again and again, the developers have consistently fallen on the side of nerfing the players rather than being Classic.

Mob run speed? Not Classic.
Variance in raids? Not Classic.
Pet items returned? No
Bards on Red? Totally nerfed.
Charm? hahahaha
etc
etc
etc

In short, DUDE WHAT GAME ARE ***YOU*** PLAYING?!?!
First, reread your two posts. Treats is 100% on that you have a really entitled attitude towards a bunch of people that are doing this in their free time. To quote Dragnet, Just the facts, ma'am.

Second, I do tend to kind of agree with you on the substance of things, but I don't know whether it's good or bad. The problem is that Classic EQ has a number of things that are borderline exploits, and everyone knows them. On Live when these things were discovered, Verant would promptly . . . I hesitate to say "fix", but change them, because the game isn't supposed to be trivial.

The biggest one to me currently is invis/hide preventing social aggro. This more than anything is the root of all the bullshit that people do which makes this game 10x more trivial than it was intended to be (I use these tricks whenever I can) because as soon as you can get the mob you want aggroed on the guy you want with invis, he can just run it anywhere in the zone.

But yeah, I would like to see the devs fix a few things back to classic like getting weapons back from charmed pets, charm pet aggro not transferring to the owner on a charm break, linked respawns instead of variance, etc. I understand the mentality but I think there aren't that many things which are so broken that they need to be intentionally nonclassic.

Wow what a ramble.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While mobs could cast SoW indoors, there is some doubt about them casting it on other mobs.
So your disagreement is shaman mob x can sow himself in a dungeon. But he can't run by warrior mob y and sow him???

That is also wrong... They buff everyone they want to :/.