Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow 100% xp bonus across the board, removal of hybrid penalty SOMETHING THAT WAS CONFIRMED RETARDED BY VERANT, omg server now ezmode

/roll eyes
This is project99

KEEP this project99.

You knew what you were getting into. Stop trying to change the script halfway though the play.

Do not betray the fans who came here for red project 99.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many of us came here because we were told this was going to be classic style p99 on a red server. We would never of came otherwise. We would feel deeply betrayed if the server continued to slip into ezmode, one mechanic change at a time.

Keep this server what it was ment to be. Harder is better. There are 10k other servers and games out there for fast xp, no death penalty, "everyone is a winner! everyone gets a trophy!" type games.

Sirken, sound the alarms because the trolls are out and trolling the devs into VZ/TZing this server up.

IF you do not have the commitment to level up a character without 200 percent xp bonus, you will NOT last here anywas. What did the last round of xp bonus do for the population? Nothing.
Dude shut up and go away, I'm assuming your an anon nihilum troll and pleasing you all does nothing for the server.

You guys don't even fucking play here you just log on at 9 PM EST clear fear then log off.

You don't interact with anyone, you don't pvp and apparently you want to keep it that way by forcing people to try to level with current exp rate on a ghost server.

Not really fair considering most of your members are PL'd (Only time I see Nihilum since I can't go to planes) or leveled ages ago when there was groups and avenues to get exp that don't exist any more.

Also trying to level with 60 people on a server (70% being 42+) is not classic.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

i really don't see this patch increasing pop more than 5 people
Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i really don't see this patch increasing pop more than 5 people
It will bring back 20 or so Nihilum who prob just aren't logging on due to lack of content.

So yeah bring back more Nihilum from blue w000000t
Planar Protector

Global OOC going in with next patch (Level 10+)---- big bonus, especially for leveling

No @ YT --- sadface

There's already an XP Bonus---- Not big enough. I want to slay girlymen and in order to do so I lose my rights to 100% of the available groups (especially with the server pop as low as it is) at my level which means im solo leveling a paladin which takes oh 300 years or so to reach 50. I understand i could be like everyone else and make a druid but gotta keep it real as a dwarf naw mean. People want to PvP we want to have battles like the smedy beta pvp video, and there is virtually no pvp until 42+ so increasing the exp bonus will allow all classes to reach it. cut down the number of large rats required to reach 50 for the greatest good

will discuss hybrid penalty--- people would still roll warriors without crushing us noble paladins chance of getting a group, no reason to hinder a class that isn't significantly better than other classes in pvp.

will see about fixing mana on pvp death ---- this is a no brainer and will help stop zerg rushing

I like the no binding in FFA zones --- me too

exp loss on pvp death --- no reason to change it, maybe even increasing it slightly if exp bonus is upp'ed

pvp champ's 2 cents
Kobold

i agree with heartbrand on all points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken, sound the alarms because the trolls are out and trolling the devs into VZ/TZing this server up.

IF you do not have the commitment to level up a character without 200 percent xp bonus, you will NOT last here anywas. What did the last round of xp bonus do for the population? Nothing.
you accuse anyone who has a different opinion than yours to be a troll? /sigh

and as for your last sentence. the last xp bonus brought in quite a few players which is why there are still many of us pushing through the late 20s and early 30s. people with jobs can't play 50 hrs a week and will always be missing out on pvp because of it. Classic PvP is what we came for.
Last edited by bilbobaggins; 04-20-2012 at 11:57 AM..
Old 04-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Default ...

Instant spell cancel is all I can think of. On live when you crouched you quit casting instantly. Correct me if I am wrong. This isn't a big deal and probably has never got me killed, but it is all I could think of. No mana on death respawn is a good idea, but I think maybe like 20m would be better so you aren't a sitting duck. Although I guess you can just be smart about binding. Also no binding in raid zones would be ideal.

More gm events, the day I started on blue there was a GM event going on in Greater Faydark. I couldn't do much but I had a lot of fun. Would like to see more stuff like this on red.

XP is fine, don't touch it. PVP xp loss is miniscule, leave it, gives you some incentive. That's all I can think of, happy 420!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Last round of exp increase did nothing for population because it still takes 150 hours to hit 50 without a PL.

Also, I notice its all casters/solo classes that are saying "exp is fine!".
Old 04-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also people who leveled to 50 before pop took a shit or got PL'd all the way there.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last round of exp increase did nothing for population because it still takes 150 hours to hit 50 without a PL.

that's because the grind is hardest starting about 35+ and on, especially 40+ and at that point the exp bonus is almost reduced to 0, coupled with the fact a solo melee at 40 with exp bonus is still a solo melee