Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Orc

I would like to hear more GW2 beta experiences, if anyone would be kind to share ~

Bunch of my friends are hopping on the bandwagon, and I would like to hear more personal insight and stories <('. '<) ~
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as immersion, EQ was king for a long time up until probably that shitty Shadows of Luclin expansion. Not so much because of the raid scripts, or the actual content, but for the fact that those mobs would be gone for a full week. Being the first to kill revamped CT on Rallos Zek was like a boss accomplishment, now n days it's just different and cheap feeling with 'instanced' mobs, and 3 day lockouts, etc

I attribute games changing greatly to the fact that the average person that owns a PC and plays PC games now is much different than it was even 10 years ago. Developers r catering towards that crowd, not the 'hardcore' crowd that played games back when the internet first exploded, does anybody remember that service Kali? (sp) or Dwango? Hell I remember Quake being the first game that really introduced TCP/IP for network play.

Times have just changed, games are catered to the "console" crowd now, so they're easy to pickup like it would be a PS3 controller and start playing. I had a lot of hope out for GW2, Rift, etc and some of these new games, but the reality is they are molding their games over WoW, the community that wants a DAoC or a world pvp type game is a minority to the people that want WoW. Devs/companies want $$$, until somebody decides to break the mold most of the people that enjoy EQ/DAoC are in limbo.

Same problem exists for FPS games, I haven't seen a GOOD/true deathmatch game since Q3, everything now is all about these shitty BF2/Counterstrike type games
Kali was the shit. I hung out in ID Games.