Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For me, I have this strange tendency to think that people dying in EverQuest is like, one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Sometimes it feels as if it's really a conflict of interest for me to play a healer.
It depends how they die, whether it is funny or not. If they are doing something stupid they shouldn't be doing, I know it is real tempting to hesitate clicking on your heal gem for a split second just to watch the idiot get his butt handed to him then say 'Ooops, sorry' when he gets back from his corpse run. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Notice the spell gems in the "Dead Gmge" screenshot posted a few posts above? They're the nearest-to-correct icons for the classic era I've yet seen on Titanium client that work on default and default_old UI. I haven't been able to find those spell gems since a patch a couple years ago broke them. The "classic" spell gems available in the tech section of the forum aren't really classic.

I can't think of many particularly funny moments on P1999, but as a general rule having Karsten and his buddies in the group early on was amusing, both for their silly antics and for their rotten (alternately, "exciting") pulling.

Danth
Old 05-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Banned

My favorite day was Nagafen justice day
Old 05-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenithia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found this little gem from April Fools 2 yrs ago! How many guilds saw this play out all day? :P

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is hilarious.

"Test it out!"

Hahahha
Old 05-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Notice the spell gems in the "Dead Gmge" screenshot posted a few posts above? They're the nearest-to-correct icons for the classic era I've yet seen on Titanium client that work on default and default_old UI. I haven't been able to find those spell gems since a patch a couple years ago broke them. The "classic" spell gems available in the tech section of the forum aren't really classic.
Negative, imo. The ones available now are the most classic that have been recreated.

Here are the ones from gmge screenshot, image resized.

Here are the ones from current p99.

And here is a screenshot from an eqlive 1999 nagafen raid.

So either I'm colorblind, or we're in better shape than we were. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Do those work on Default and Default_old UI?

If so, then I'm glad to see those and will adopt them immediately.

I was aware of the genine classic-style gems for the velious-style UI, but was under the impression they did not work for Default and Default_old UI's.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 05-23-2012 at 03:26 PM..
Old 05-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do those work on Default and Default_old UI?
First couple of posts from this thread should be what you need.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11949
Old 05-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

The spell gems in the first post there are the gems I'm using now (listed under "classic-rounded"), which are not strictly classic (the spellbook icons are original, but the spell-gems are not). I think I recall discussing the issue with Savok quite some time ago and, if memory is accurate, he said he wasn't making true classic gems due to a perceived lack of demand. That's fine and no complaint from me since it was a volunteer effort. It was always a bit of a downer since the original spell gems P1999 used upon opening (as seen in the screenshot) were closer to classic. Since I want the PoP-era UI (called "default_old" by Titanium) more than the original spell gems that can be found in the pseudo-Velious UI, I'll have to stick with what I'm using for now.

If some method of making the spell gems from that Velious UI work in the stock Titanium UI's has been discovered in the nearly two years since that thread was posted, I'd love to know. (actually, there's no reason a forum mod couldn't remove these last few posts to THAT thread since they're really a derail of this thread).

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 05-23-2012 at 04:59 PM..
Old 05-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenithia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found this little gem from April Fools 2 yrs ago! How many guilds saw this play out all day? :P

Dude, I did the same thing.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

Use to sit in Naggy's Lair in Naggy's skin as guilds mobilized for him and fake them out by storming through the Fire Giants as if someone had pulled me.

This photo is of when Uthgaard and I both trolled the guilds... We did this fairly often, really.

Created by Uuur//Ihealyou -- Mad props!
Closed Thread