Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Banned

I'll get you the raw this week
Old 09-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Fire Giant

While anyone is rummaging around patch notes, look up the patch note that changes how SK Disc unholy aura works- in that it referances lifetap spells... nm I'll go find it... ahh there it is

Quote:
DECEMBER 19, 2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's patch primarily consists of tuning of Velious zones as well as content and other additions. In addition, the following changes have been implemented on the Live servers:

The Shadow Knight's "Unholy Aura" discipline has received an enhancement. When in use, harmtouch resistances will be checked versus disease instead of magic. In addition, harmtouch will resist in the same fashion as lifetap spells, meaning that unless the creature is immune to disease, you should get full damage most of the time.

case and point is... lifetaps have always and should always be nigh unresistable and 99% of the time full dmg, I remeber that SKs where usualy "free" albeit crappy DPS as they could usualy sustain themselves with lifetaps throughout most AoEs on bosses.

edit again: also this patch note indicates and confirms that lifetaps are not normal spells in the way they work- in the "resist is desease" paired with "...unless the creature is immune to disease" and "should get full damage most of the time" meaning that it confirms many of the things posted here- A) lifetaps are disease B) unresistable sans 100% disease mob - aka 100% or 98% mr "epic" mobs should be able to be tapped as should "bosses" etc etc- for full dmg, and that lifetap dmg when not "full" and that is is VERY rare not to be full- it still is REALLY close to full like 90-100% dmg

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Last edited by Xadion; 09-23-2012 at 01:22 PM..
Old 09-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While anyone is rummaging around patch notes, look up the patch note that changes how SK Disc unholy aura works- in that it referances lifetap spells... nm I'll go find it... ahh there it is

case and point is... lifetaps have always and should always be nigh unresistable and 99% of the time full dmg, I remeber that SKs where usualy "free" albeit crappy DPS as they could usualy sustain themselves with lifetaps throughout most AoEs on bosses.
I think that about sums up everything right there, thanks X!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

thanks for the info guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit again: also this patch note indicates and confirms that lifetaps are not normal spells in the way they work- in the "resist is desease" paired with "...unless the creature is immune to disease" and "should get full damage most of the time" meaning that it confirms many of the things posted here- A) lifetaps are disease B) unresistable sans 100% disease mob - aka 100% or 98% mr "epic" mobs should be able to be tapped as should "bosses" etc etc- for full dmg, and that lifetap dmg when not "full" and that is is VERY rare not to be full- it still is REALLY close to full like 90-100% dmg
Lifetaps will check Disease ONLY when Unholy Aura is active.

Every other Lifetap and Harmtouch is still Magic.

Harmtouch and all Lifetap Spells are listed as Magic in the spdat.eff that I have from 3 months after this patch.

It's kind of difficult to find info on this but it looks like there should only be a small chance for something to resist a Lifetap but it really should depend on your level vs. the mob's level.

If the Mob you are casting on is 6+ levels above you though it should be a full resist every time.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Every other Lifetap and Harmtouch is still Magic.

Harmtouch and all Lifetap Spells are listed as Magic in the spdat.eff that I have from 3 months after this patch.

It's kind of difficult to find info on this but it looks like there should only be a small chance for something to resist a Lifetap but it really should depend on your level vs. the mob's level.

If the Mob you are casting on is 6+ levels above you though it should be a full resist every time.
Petition me for "flaming outside RNF" again if you will...

but...

WTF?

"When in use, harmtouch resistances will be checked versus disease instead of magic. In addition, harmtouch will resist in the same fashion as lifetap spells"

What we are talking about is how lifetaps are resisted if they even are... this patch note explains it... I remeber alot of talk back in the day about exactly how lifetaps are factored- as it is not a straight XXXX# magic or disease-- from what I recall of the discussions lifetaps where some odd form of 2 checks with the pass given the go- meaning it would somehow roll vs magic and diseas and whatever one passed it would use it...however that is just my recollection and not anything to be used here.

But what we have here is...a full general explanation to how lifetaps work => "harmtouch will resist in the same fashion as lifetap spells, meaning that unless the creature is immune to disease, you should get full damage most of the time."

it is saying "Like lifetaps do" not "When this is active the disc will also make lifetaps act like this" seriously dude?

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 09-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros aren't custom 'nerfed'. This is era specific to what they should be. The people arguing that are misinformed of the situation. Lifetaps went from completely unresistable to a resist mod, which is correct.

Here's some reading.
http://web.archive.org/web/200101231...ML/000930.html
http://web.archive.org/web/200101271...ML/001495.html
Sep 2000 - Dec 2000

Quote:
-our life taps are all compl. resisted at the ubermobs,
Quote:
BUT in raids*and the high end game isnt about soloing,its about raids*we cant land the taps at the ubermobs.the result is,that we cant use lich,we cant use pact,because we cant replace the lost hp.thats why our class is broken at the high levels.
Quote:
Epic monsters and bosses with lvl 55+ IMMUNE to ALL necro dots - we cannt land em even after shamans malo mob (if they can land it)
Those mosters also immune to ALL our DD as well including life drain.
Quote:
Taps are quite resistable by the dragons and what not along with maestro.
Quote:
Lifetap doesn't work on most uber most so it's not unresistable. Maestro, Naggy, Vox, trakanon, are all completly immune to the spell.
We went through all of this a year ago.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
My fault, I was thinking of Leechcurse (this is a Lifetap thread, lol).

The Unholy Aura discipline was changed from MR to DR because it was getting resisted and resulted in a blown disc for 72 minutes.

Most mobs (typically high end bosses/etc) had higher Magic Resistance than Disease Resistance, a lot were Magic Immune.

Patch note from January 9, 2001:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010109.html

Quote:
The 'Unholy Aura' Discipline now gives a 50% bonus to Harmtouch (compared with the previous 25%) and causes it to save versus disease, which should result in even fewer resists in most high-level encounters.
Any mob here on P99 that is Unslowable you should not be able to Lifetap. The reason being is because back then before they could specifically tag a mob as Unslowable it just had Magic Resistance that was too high to ever overcome.

You can find a lot of information here on why lifetaps were initially changed from unresistable to resistable:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.g...rch+this+group

Quote:
Petition me for "flaming outside RNF" again if you will...
Have no idea where this came from, I have never petitioned you for flaming in the bug forum....
Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any mob here on P99 that is Unslowable you should not be able to Lifetap. The reason being is because back then before they could specifically tag a mob as Unslowable it just had Magic Resistance that was too high to ever overcome.
Wow. Posts like this get me going in the AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

lure of life all im saying