Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Banned

As proof and no I don't have a hard drive from 13 years ago because I didn't see myself getting into this.

A naked player with no buffs or gear has a chance to completely resist an elemental based spell as above.

You can look on the RZ thing in my sig for a character Numlar, an RL friend of mine who COMPLETELY RESISTED a conflagaration I casted on him outside of Sol B. He had freshly died, no buffs, no gear.

Case closed, end of convo. No more wondering.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Banned

And for the magic 3rd "rage" post:

Yes, this proves that root line was completely and always resisted at a certain resist value by players. Fix!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Banned

damn *****
Old 08-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Banned

Yeah I gotta keep you kids in line with your EQ know how. Sorry I hadta get drastic.

I don't play here but Christ fix some of this shit and I and others might.

I'll now leave you to your regularly scheduled "Nirgon is on your ignore list" ignorant-yet-pompous-dumbfuckery.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

My SK has 99 mr unbuffed and has had 2,roots land ever. Resists seem fine to me.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned

Experience would say otherwise from people I talked to also.

Try having it spammed on you 200 times and see how many land.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Aviak

I didn't play classic pvp, but I have to say I am shocked that it was coded in pvp so that there was an actual probability of 0 at any level of mr for a spell landing. Pretty much everything in EQ is governed by a "roll", particularly resists. I think it makes way more sense to have resists modify that roll than oh look I hit the magic number for mr enchanters can do nothing to me but dispell me now.

You guys act as if melee are super underpowered in pvp atm, but that is not at all the case. Root and snare have shorter durations in pvp and both are resisted so often that it is even questionable to cast them at all if facing off against someone of equal or higher level with just the most basic resist items.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Banned

It's not about being super underpowered - like I said a max gear melee, buffed will most likely resist cc spells. I just don't understand why they're making it required to be fully geared/buffed to be where you woulda been on live with 90 MR.

It just creates that super geared - semi geared gap, and most people will fight fully geared nihilum melee and figure everythings fine.

My nostalgic class is a rogue, and with this resist system I really can't even chance going in solo on anything with how it is. I can't even imagine a monk without mithril/drt/all the other MR shit.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Banned

Its also not about over/underpowered or gear or anything else. It's about root spam being a viable tactic here and it never existed in classic. It's not how pvp is supposed to work. The VZTZ "shit boxes" had this same problem with jacked resist rates on spells that completely change the pvp.

I'm totally FOR item loot but NO WAY with broken root/snare/blind.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Banned

nirgon can you condense all your post into 10 or less words so I will actually read it/maybe care....
Closed Thread