Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

You both said this was going to be fun but frankly this was only fun for the two competitors taking part in the Neckbeard Olympics.

Thumbs down; would not read again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

No one else competed because they all know that dex is crucial to tanking on a warrior and figured that our bee-covered friend was beyond redemption.

Also. A non-tank warrior. Weeeeee.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

If I were a min/maxer I would have rolled an Ogre warrior and put all starting points into DEX, knowing what I know about how things work with the game mechanics. Maybe 5 in AGI to avoid penalty for dropping below 75. It's so easy to max STR/STA with an Ogre as it is. Every little bit counts for DEX, if that weren't true you wouldn't have a noticeable difference when a Shaman buffs DEX.

A non-tank warrior is like a Rogue with rusty daggers. Not sure why anybody would want that.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Banned

Wow some of you people think its this complicated to make a warrior. Pick ogre.

Holy Jesus.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow some of you people think its this complicated to make a warrior. Pick halfling.

Holy Jesus.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Banned

Dark elf warrior imo
Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

I think there is actually a reasonable argument to be made for ignoring proccing weapons. Its not one that I find convincing in the end, but its not nearly as dumb as you are making it out Tecmos (plus I haven't shaved yet this morning, so I feel compelled to join the neckbeard debate).

First, if I have done my math correctly at 125 dex a Sebilite Croaking Dirk+Wurmslayer will do about 10% less aggro per second on average than two Ringed Maces. They'll also do about 20% more damage and be more consistent as well. It's only when your dex gets high (say 255 with shaman buffs and VoG and improved gear) that the ringed maces are more like 50% more aggro/second.

Of course, even with 10/18+25/40 you still aren't going to be outdamaging many rogues or monks, so you are counting on them to evade/FD to maintain aggro. For monks this is really no problem as FD has a very high success rate and completely clears aggro (not that it matters, since they tank better than you anyway). For rogues its a bit harder as they both do more damage and have a much lower success rate on evade.

Even with casters who get aggro you are mostly going to rely on taunt to get mobs off them (or more likely, they'll root). The worst case is clearly any group with a bard who wants to slow the mob. Bards in general are the worst case for warrior aggro since they continually produce it (=hard to taunt off).

TLDR: In the end the dex posters are probably right, especially if you are ever raid tanking. Putting your stat points in dex as an ogre would have helped, but thats water under the bridge. Buy a grotesque mask and get some carnal pauldrons in Sol B. Level up to 46 and get indicolite (+35 dex IIRC). Group with shamans whenever you can. My iksar warrior runs around with 125 dex and does OK (not great, but OK) especially when I can find a shaman.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

<3 Shammies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] 255 Dex with just a Vog... or 255 dex with a shaman buff.. /welcome aggro. ^_^
and im not a fatti either!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Sometimes it's not just procs per min, but time to first proc.

You WANT the rogue to be able to start backstabbing ASAP.

This game is old as shit, stop trying to revolutionize it. We know all the answers.
Closed Thread