Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Large Rat

The AC softcap (beyond this point, AC from gear gives less return - the only exception being if it's a shield, as it goes beyond the softcap) was raised with every expansion. I don't have a good enough memory to recall what it was in Classic, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't over 1000 for plate classes.

I wouldn't expect to see a much better return for shamans past 700-800AC in classic, but I would expect that number to rise with Kunark. Do your tests at lower AC if possible to find the softcap.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Yes, I'm making mobs harder. Everyone was so encensed over the OOC changes I slid in under the radar. <3. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yes, Haynar has been looking at AC's. Combat in general as it were. I'm hitting AC from the otherside and making sure mobs have the right amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Kobold

Thanks a lot for clearing that up! It's good to know it's being worked on. =)

I might do some more parses at lower AC values and re-do my original parses at a later date. The problem with going lower in AC is that I also lower my HP pool, which limits my safety net and cuts into the parsed time due to having more difficulties managing my total HP while getting hit (i.e. corpse runs suck!).
Old 05-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Gorroth -- kudos for correctly going about this and doing the parsing to provide quantitative data!!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Kobold

Every since I EXP'd in Oasis quite some time ago, I knew this. Hell, spells hit for a hell of a lot more here on P1999 as well. However, its kind of hard to prove something when the original isnt what it used to be by any means.

As for the raid content; itll be a thankful addition to the game in my opinion. Tanking gods and dragons is down right laughable. If it wasnt for Death Touch... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So yes, please bring on the AC changes! I know Im going to appreciate the extra challenge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks again for your free work broseph.
Closed Thread