Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 07:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
like a boss

Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i farm them on red server like a trick
Old 11-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaym [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Claim FTE on a mob when you're dead wrong, instantly start spewing/trash talking... all while taking at the very least 6 minutes to kill multiple 6:40 spawns, as well as the possibility of spamming cancel magic on peoples mobs. (No evidence unfortunately!)

Yeah, I wonder why people tend to treat you the way they do! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't matter how long it takes for someone to kill a mob. Look at other classes who take that long.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Yep, I just triple checked the rules on the server and taking 6 minutes to kill a mob doesn't mean anything. Mythbusted.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherzul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, what's the deal with this place? Is this the angsty player hangout?

Thus far I've had a BDA Druid accuse & "warn" me from stealing FTE on their snared mob (who, ironically did not chase me "ensnared"), an Enchanter charming my mobs at 15% so they die for no exp/loot (Raemius) and the looting of my kills while I fought 7-8 giants by a Necro in FC.

Yes, I do big pulls but no, I am not obligated to "share" them with others, especially when my first day there, all 3 of the above things happened within an hour time frame.

Is there a spot to farm for coin that is filled with less MEMEMEME or am I stuck dealing with shitheads until I get the plat I need for what I'm after?
The short answer to your first question is: yes. We respond to issues in OOT almost daily. And it's almost always the same thing (soandso quad kites, someone trains them or starts fearing their mobs).

That said, most of the spawns on the island are roaming, so FTE is the basic rule there. I wouldn't recommend setting up camp at the top of the hill unless you like getting griefed by other players for monopolizing the hill. I also wouldn't recommend trying to consume every spawn by quad kiting or whatever. Sharing is caring. The people who get the most grief are always those who are frankly being greedy. Against the rules? No. Makes you look like a jackass? Yes.

If you have an issue with a player, please petition it. If you have fraps or screenshots of them griefing you, all the better. All this is to say: two wrongs don't make a right. So whatever you (or anyone else) does, do not return the favor if someone gives you trouble. That's a good way to get suspended.
Last edited by Ephi; 11-27-2012 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: Foot in mouth
Old 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Ahh, I remember the name Netherzul. His first char was a Dark Elf Necro, trained a Sand Giant on me in Oasis and killed me. I assumed it was accidentally as I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and I didn't even say anything.

Then for no reason he decides to send me a tell. No, not to say "sorry dude" but to laugh about how funny training me was and how stoned he was right now.

Massive douche bag and not surprised he has a shitty rep.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have issues with someone looting your corpses before you get to them... well... loot faster. It's perfectly legit to loot a corpse which has opened up to other players (unless it's a raid mob).

Good to know,
Old 11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherzul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, what's the deal with this place? Is this the angsty player hangout?

Thus far I've had a BDA Druid accuse & "warn" me from stealing FTE on their snared mob (who, ironically did not chase me "ensnared"), an Enchanter charming my mobs at 15% so they die for no exp/loot (Raemius) and the looting of my kills while I fought 7-8 giants by a Necro in FC.

Yes, I do big pulls but no, I am not obligated to "share" them with others, especially when my first day there, all 3 of the above things happened within an hour time frame.

Is there a spot to farm for coin that is filled with less MEMEMEME or am I stuck dealing with shitheads until I get the plat I need for what I'm after?
You have to be a major asshole to piss of Raemius. He's a good guy. You on the other hard sound like a major douchebag.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to be a major asshole to piss of Raemius. He's a good guy. You on the other hard sound like a major douchebag.
Actually netherzul is a fantastic guy, extremely helpful. Raemius must of forgotten to take his meds that day.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The short answer to your first question is: yes. We respond to issues in OOT almost daily. And it's almost always the same thing (soandso quad kites, someone trains them or starts fearing their mobs).

That said, most of the spawns on the island are roaming, so FTE is the basic rule there. I wouldn't recommend setting up camp at the top of the hill unless you like getting griefed by other players for monopolizing the hill. I also wouldn't recommend trying to consume every spawn by quad kiting or whatever. Sharing is caring. The people who get the most grief are always those who are frankly being greedy. Against the rules? No. Makes you look like a jackass? Yes.

If you have an issue with a player, please petition it. If you have fraps or screenshots of them griefing you, all the better. All this is to say: two wrongs don't make a right. So whatever you (or anyone else) does, do not return the favor if someone gives you trouble. That's a good way to get suspended.

If you have issues with someone looting your corpses before you get to them... well... loot faster. It's perfectly legit to loot a corpse which has opened up to other players (unless it's a raid mob). If I see someone trying to own the whole island but can't loot their corpses, you better believe I'm going to run in there and scoop it up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And this spells LOL's inc
Closed Thread