Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 06:14 AM
Planar Protector

SWISH check this out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedz
I had an interesting idea I want to bounce off those that want a more rule relaxed, and aggressive style community, yet still based off of this code base.

Once we stabilize this code and smooth out the quirks with net and memory, I had the idea of a 2nd server.
One where there is only 2 rules.
1) Selling is in auction only,
2) There are no rules past 1.

No rules about chat or otherwise, no naming rules nothing. You don't like someone's name. You kill them,
No rules about automation, scripting, boxing...

But with a catch:
Full PvP even PoK/Nexus etc.
Diablo/Discord style death. Either death is permanent or you delevel to 1 with no gear.

Have a web tracker with a leaderboard of top player(s) and top player(s) that have died.

That way the best or worst of both worlds can have their cake and eat it too. Both worlds can contribute in their own way to fine tuning the code and content base. Both worlds can help each other out if need be for hosting overhead.

Players and others Discuss.
http://www.takproject.net/forums/vie...hp?f=23&t=2217
Old 01-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Orc

Wow. I mean I can't say I am surprised that you got banned, but at the same time THEY are in the wrong. Its exactly this kind of interaction with the community that makes me thinks this server isn't going to be a success. Discussion is not wanted, the only thing they accept is accolades and asskissing. any critique, constructive or destructive it doesn't really matter, is being viewed as a personal attack.

Speedz is insane (he admits it himself) and what is alarming is the army of asskissers on that forum right now. It only further removes that dude from reality, and he's already WAAAAAAY out there in gaga land.

The sane and stable people like Secrets take a back seat to all this, which is really sad. You would think at one point they would get worried about the downwards spiral that Speedz is in, but they are content to just ignore it. He must be a real asshole if even his friends don't give a crap

You would think the amount of failed EMU projects out there due to developers with psychological problems (EpicEmu, EQClassic, etc) would be a huge warning sign to most people, but I guess level 20 and full leather armor is already to many pixels to lose, people are too immersed now to take a stand in fear of losing their pixels

EDIT; Wow I just read that thread that was linked. Speedz is already thinking about his next project. This alone shows you how batshit crazy that guy is.
Last edited by Bleepo; 01-17-2015 at 08:58 AM..
Old 01-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Poopakos we'll have to agree to disagree on the subject.

@Secrets: Sent someone to PM you who was having trouble with registration. I know you don't handle that but I don't know any of the other devs on P99 forums.

@Patriam: Did you ever get it working? Only thing I can think of is dropbox not completely downloading the resource folder if you're using the free account.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Nope I didn't. But I checked with someone to make sure I was getting all of the files, I am.

Possibly a UI issue, although going NEWui=FALSE does nothing for me.

Anyone have a link to a customUI that works?
Old 01-17-2015, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The EQ hardcorerer server.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a bridge to sell too. That's honestly bullshit and everyone knows it. Everyone knows it when the P99 dev says it as well. You'd have to be a complete sociopath to work on something for hundreds of hours then turn around and be like, "Nah, totally cool if people thinks this sucks ass and everyone hates it."

Unless you're one of those extremely rare craftsmen who takes pride in his craft by itself. Which would be a fucking wonder if those types all drifted to coding EQ EMU. I have a lot more respect for a guy who openly states, "Ya, I've been working on this bitch quite a bit. I want this to succeed and would justifiably be pretty pissed if it goes down." It's just simple human nature from my point of view but carry on as you please sir/madam.
Perhaps you don't understand what it's like to create something for the sake of creating it. I guess I'm a sociopath or a rare craftsman in your mind.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Definitely a good bit of hyperbole there but I'd be the first to admit that when I create something I want it to be well received and if it isn't that I find it a bummer and go back to the drawing board.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can confirm server is a shit hole. banned once for "inappropriate name" with no warning although the character creation setup allowed it. banned a second time for 3 boxing with a friend because "we cannot trust your word" that it was only 3 boxes per person which is technically allowed in their rules.
Trying to rules lawyer not on P99.
The rule obviously means 3 characters per IP.
You could of let your "friend" play one of your three characters instead.
You got what you deserved.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Patriam, there's a section on their forums called ui corner. I was using vertical and that seemed to work fine.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks bud