Banned

what makes a dollar worth a dollar?
Old 08-26-2022, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Men who came before us who were far better than we are
Old 08-26-2022, 01:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol good shit

These guys still making stuff??
Old 08-26-2022, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^more directed at tethler than you unsung. I admit, I am incensed that he knowingly defrauded his homeland
You do realize that governments loans are sold off to private loan servicing companies, right? The US govt has long since been paid back for my debt. The vast majority of this loan forgiveness is going to these private debt collector companies that are currently holding the loans.
Old 08-26-2022, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize that governments loans are sold off to private loan servicing companies, right? The US govt has long since been paid back for my debt. The vast majority of this loan forgiveness is going to these private debt collector companies that are currently holding the loans.
Did you get smarter with the money they gave you?
Old 08-26-2022, 01:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who knows
Legal Services Center of Harvard LaW does.

Certainly not fail elf constitutional lawyer Elizondo. Ha!
Old 08-26-2022, 06:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize the US defends Japan, right? It does matter
To this I say “kinda”. I was an engineer at Command Fleet Activities Yokosuka base for 6 years.

It’s more like the US exploits Japan allowing us to have multiple military bases on their land to keep pressure on China. We don’t give two shits about protecting them. Tip of the spear, not tip of the shield. And what we’ve done to Okinawa is fucking tragic. One of the nicest places and people on earth, and we’ve essentially turned their whole main island into a giant military base. The locals try to push back, but always fail.

And we get to use their government subsidized labor for a large portion of the maintenance we do. If it’s not nuclear or any other sensitive system, chances are it’s a Japanese guy turning the wrench.

The Japanese nationalist government would love nothing more than to kick us out and rebuild their military. But China also hates the fuck out of Japan for the vast number of atrocities they committed in WWII, so if the US left I wouldn’t be surprised if China came in for revenge.

So yeah, protection is a side affect of our main reason being there. It’s not some noble cause.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:22 AM
Planar Protector

Some of the comments in here read as "What I dont like or understand is communisim"
Old 08-26-2022, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To this I say “kinda”. I was an engineer at Command Fleet Activities Yokosuka base for 6 years.

It’s more like the US exploits Japan allowing us to have multiple military bases on their land to keep pressure on China. We don’t give two shits about protecting them. Tip of the spear, not tip of the shield. And what we’ve done to Okinawa is fucking tragic. One of the nicest places and people on earth, and we’ve essentially turned their whole main island into a giant military base. The locals try to push back, but always fail.

And we get to use their government subsidized labor for a large portion of the maintenance we do. If it’s not nuclear or any other sensitive system, chances are it’s a Japanese guy turning the wrench.

The Japanese nationalist government would love nothing more than to kick us out and rebuild their military. But China also hates the fuck out of Japan for the vast number of atrocities they committed in WWII, so if the US left I wouldn’t be surprised if China came in for revenge.

So yeah, protection is a side affect of our main reason being there. It’s not some noble cause.
They fucked around and found out.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

Sheeeit dawg, you know it!